Apply for the latest Fully Funded Commonwealth Scholarship 2021/2022 For African Students as portal opens for the ongoing Commonwealth Scholarship in Africa 2021 for Graduates and Undergraduates.
Have you heard about the Commonwealth Scholarship 2021 Announcement? DO you want to partake in the 2021 Commonwealth Scholarship 2021? if yes then follow the steps below to apply online.
COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP 2021 ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent and the Grenadines
COMMONWEALTH MASTER’S SCHOLARSHIPS
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for candidates from eligible lower and upper middle income Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK. These scholarships are offered under six development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
All Commonwealth Masters applicants successfully nominated by their nominating agency will be informed on the outcome of their application by the CSC by the end of 2021.
Applications for Master’s Scholarships for the 2022/23 academic year will open in September 2021.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FULLY FUNDED COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP 2021/2022 FOR AFRICAN STUDENTS
You should apply to study at a UK university which has a part funding agreement with the CSC. Part funding agreements are at the discretion of individual universities. For a list of universities that have agreed to part fund Commonwealth Scholarships, visit the UK universities with part funding agreements page on the CSC website.
You must make your application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s online application system. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the CSC’s online application system.
All applications must be submitted by 17:00 (GMT) on 13 August 2021 at the latest.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION, YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION BY 17:00 (GMT) ON 03 SEPTEMBER 2021:
- Copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship or refugee status – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Supporting statement from your supervisor at your home country university, which must include details of the institutional link between the university where you are/will be registered for your PhD and your proposed UK university – submitted directly by your supervisor to the online application system (supervisors will be sent an email request).
- Supporting statement from your proposed supervisor at a UK university, which must include details of the institutional link between the university where you are/will be registered for your PhD and your proposed UK university – submitted directly by your supervisor to the online application system (supervisors will be sent an email request).
- Reference from at least one other individual – submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
THE CSC WILL NOT ACCEPT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION SUBMITTED OUTSIDE THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM.
Supporting documentation uploaded to the online application system must be uploaded as files which are no more than 5 MB in size and must be in one of the following formats: PDF, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, .jpeg. Files submitted in any other format (including Zip files and PDF Portfolios) will NOT be accepted.
Only one application per applicant for these scholarships will be accepted. Only the application with the latest submission date, including submission of references and supporting statements will be accepted. Any modifications to an application will count as a later submission date.
You are not required to apply via a nominating body for these scholarships.
Ready to apply?
Visit the CSC’s online application form to complete and submit your application.
COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP 2021/2022 SELECTION PROCESS
Eligible applications will be considered in line with the CSC’s CSC Selection Criteria 2021, including by the CSC selection committee in competition with other candidates.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the research proposal
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country