Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer (Procurement Support)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract type: Fixed term, between February 2022 and April 2023
Department: Finance and Admin
Reporting to: Senior Finance and Operations Manager
Responsible for: N/A
Liaison with: Options teams
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Type of contract: Fixed Term – 4 months until April 2022
Main Purpose of the Job
- The job holder will be responsible will provide administrative support and ensure compliance with procurement policy while providing a consultative service to staff regarding the procurement of Goods & Services. The post holder will work closely with and report to Options Nigeria Senior Finance & Operations Manager. The role is based in the Options Nigeria head office in Abuja with potential travel within Nigeria, with overnight stays as required
- Coordinate’s procurement processes including development of Request documents, manage tender evaluation processes, including the preparation of evaluation reports, recommendations and associated correspondence
- Provide accurate, timely and auditable assistan ce in the administration of the Options Nigeria procurement process, ensuring that processes are fully documented and are compliant with current Options Nigeria Procurement Procedures.
- Check the validity of requests to purchase and resolve or refer non-compliant requests to SFOM for guidance as appropriate.
- Review all deliveries for discrepancies, raise queries, and follow-up with the vendors to ensure all issues identified are solved promptly.
- Collate and ensure completeness of procurement documents and expedite actions on processing the vendor’s payment within the time frame stipulated in the contract and follow-up with the receipt
- Serve as the secretary to the procurement committee and maintain a database of preferred suppliers in line with Options’ procurement policies and manage such suppliers to ensure quality service delivery including annual appraisals
- In collaboration with the Admin. Officer, provide support to the programme by procuring relevant
- hotel services for meetings and materials needed for the events.
- Ensure records and files are accurately and consistently saved
- Support the Senior Finance and Operations Manager in the management of assets for the Options
- Nigeria office in line with current Options procurement policies.
- Carry out a monthly store/stock control.
Office Systems and Policies:
- Support the SFOM to ensure consistency of operational systems and processes across the implementation of different programmes.
- Support the SFOM to maintain the database of preferred suppliers
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Professional qualification or Degree in a relevant subject.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role (or a diploma in Business Administration, Accounting and 4 years of experience).
- Office experience in operations, finance or administrative position ideally in a fundraising, business development or NGO.
- Experience in office operations, administration and procurement according to best practice guidelines is highly desirable.
- Strong operations, administration and organisational skills, good time management
- Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to the principles of Safeguarding
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- A commitment to the programmes and Options’ principles of Safeguarding
- Do No Harm, and to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
23rd January 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online