AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide. The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the following regular full-time positions
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ART Nurse
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Nursing Officer
- The ART nurse assists the clinician in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery within the facility. He /She will directly support the health facility and community HIV prevention programs, strengthen referral and linkage services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence-based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
- Initiate and expand PITC in the supported health facilities.
- Provides skilled nursing procedures (i.e. dressing changes, etc.).
- Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- May act as a team lead at facility to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Provides patient and family education.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
- Establish and support effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Work closely with the prevention coordinator to supervise community program staff and ensure achievement of targets as well as timely preparation and dissemination of reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Any other duty designated by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
- University graduate in Nursing or equivalent
- RN/RM with at least five years’ experience.
- At least two years’ experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
- Ability to write reports and communicate effectively.
- Sensitivity to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.