Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty in some of the poorest places. Our large-scale, evidence-based programs are rigorously evaluated to ensure they reach the greatest amount of people in the most cost-effective ways. No matter what the position, each member of our team takes solace in the notion that the hard work we do does in fact make its intended impact. Collectively, our at-scale initiatives measurably reach over 280 million people annually, and we continuously seek dedicated and mission-driven people to help advance this rare, and large-scale, global impact.
Evidence Action’s Deworm the World Initiative is an incredibly high impact program, helping to treat over 200 million children annually for intestinal worms through providing technical assistance to governments in Africa and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Deworm the World Initiative
Location: Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
Direct Reports: None
- As Associate, Deworm the World Initiative, you will collaborate daily with our in-country teams to support school-based deworming programs in Cross River State, Nigeria. Based in Cross River State and reporting to the Manager, Deworm the World Initiative, South-South, Nigeria; you will make important contributions to high-quality programs that deliver deworming treatment to millions of children each year.
- Energized by this opportunity for enormous impact (and by the prospect of becoming an expert on both parasitic worms and at-scale programming), you will provide critical support to operational, financial, project management, and communications.
- Your keen attention to detail and team-oriented approach to work will enable you to efficiently execute both short- and long-term projects, whether administrative or strategic in nature.
- Are you passionate about data and evidence? Do you want to ensure your talents and skills are directly applied to programs that generate meaningful and long-lasting impact? Then Evidence Action is the place for you.
- To provide critical operational, financial, project management, and communications support. Keen attention to details and team-oriented approach to work and efficiently execute both short- and long-term projects, whether administrative or strategic in nature.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management Support:
- Support the Manager, Deworm the World Initiative, South-South Nigeria, to track and manage work plans for technical assistance to mass school-based deworming programs.
- Draft and edit supporting program documentation, and coordinate review processes for external-facing deliverables such as reports, proposals, presentations, or briefs.
- Contribute to internal working groups to leverage experiences and learnings across the state program geographies.
- Occasionally contribute to operational research projects such as desk reviews and/or case studies.
- Support field teams on Field data administration for various activities through smartphone technology.
Operational Management Support:
- Work with the team to help develop and roll out knowledge management tools, processes, and systems with the deworming team in Nigeria.
- Provide occasional support to draft and review MoUs, contracts, and partnership agreements.
- Take delegated responsibilities in logistical and field operation planning, supervision and reporting.
- Support the team to implement good practices in file storage and program documentation.
- Liaise with operations department to arrange travel for staff, partners, and guests as needed.
Financial Management Support:
- Submit and track payment requests
- Contribute to budget development and review processes.
- Facilitate monthly financial and budget monitoring report reviews.
- Provide occasional support to process invoices or payment requests as needed.
- Coordinate with the team to gather communications material including photos, data points, consent forms, etc
- As Evidence Action is a dynamic organization, must be willing to provide additional support to country teams as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- In collaboration with Manager, DtWI, conduct stakeholder meetings at the country, sub-county levels, ensuring communications between the program and stakeholders are well managed
- First Degree or its equivalent with 2+ years work experience in the management of program work with community or social enterprises/NGOs.
- Organized and self-motivated individual who is dedicated to excellence and can complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Quick learner and problem solver who can quickly grasp program information, and identify & act on opportunities for improvement
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to juggle competing priorities and deadlines, and to communicate clearly and proactively when plans change
- Demonstrated strong writing skills and project management skills
- Tech-savvy and experienced in using a range of cloud-based tools and systems (such as Asana and Slack), as well as Microsoft Office suite
- Team player who is eager to join a fast-paced, growing and diverse team with a start-up atmosphere
- Experience working internationally or with internationally diverse teams
- Alignment with Evidence Action values
- Sense of humour.
- This position will require very frequent travel across program implementation states especially in the South-South, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
9th February 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online