Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) is a leading Nigerian integrated energy company Together with its affiliates, it oversees upstream, midstream, and downstream operations in Nigeria and across West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Aviation Superintendent – Escravos
Ref. ID: R000020974
Location: Delta, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Supervising the safety of daily operations of contracted airplanes, helicopters, and Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) in accordance with the Chevron Global Aviation Safety Process and applicable National Civil Aviation Regulations
- Responsible for setting goals, managing, and prioritizing aviation support activities in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner
- Managing Company owned aviation facilities, including the Escravos Airstrip and its facilities, all company owned onshore and offshore helidecks and helipads, the Escravos aviation fuel farm and offshore fuel storage and dispensing systems
- Managing contracted aviation operations’ support personnel, including Air Traffic Control, HLO/HDA’s, ground operations staff, AVSEC and others.
- Provide functional aviation services input, including but not limited to:
- Ensure all aviation operations are conducted in full compliance with the Chevron Global Aviation Safety Process (GASP) requirements
- Engaging with internal stakeholders, other oil companies, regulators, service providers, air traffic control agency and Chevron Aviation Services to improve the safety of the aviation operation.
- Coordinate with aircraft owners (Aviation Contractors) regarding operating policies and procedures to ensure aircraft operations are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements and with maximum safety and efficiency.
- Provide recommendations on policy, procedures, and standards relative to acquisition, operation, and use of Aircraft
- Develop, monitor, and report safety and performance KPIs. Analyze and present improvement initiatives and opportunities
- Liaise with major Capital Project groups to understand aviation services requirements and ensure aviation services alignment between Major Capital Project procurement activities and the business unit in areas which will impact aviation operations
- Participate in developing the Aviation Annual Budget, monitor performance and support BU goals for Local Content Development.
- Identify and promote aviation best practices and assist in ensuring consistent, optimal and best practice aviation services processes are in place
- Assist in ensuring all aviation occurrences are properly reported, investigated, action items closed, and learnings shared.
- Participate in investigations of Aviation accidents and incidents involving company employees and Company owned or contracted equipment.
- Drive the annual regulatory facility permit renewal process and work with internal stakeholders to close action items, obtain stakeholder commitments to maintain and improve facility regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the scheduling and dispatch of the corporate aircraft fleet, as well as ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers onboard according to regulatory guidance and company aircraft usage policy
Provides functional aviation services input for all NMA JV and Deepwater activities in Lagos, Warri, Escravos, Onne and Port Harcourt, including but not limited to following:
- Provides counsel to management on strategic alignment of issues with Government/NAPIMS, to include government developments that may effect current and/or future operations.
- Provides recommendations on policy, procedures, and standards relative to acquisition, operation and use of Aircraft.
- Coordinates with aircraft owners (Aviation Contractors) regarding operating policies and procedures to ensure aircraft operations are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements and with maximum safety and efficiency.
- Liaises with major Capital Project groups to understand aviation services requirements and ensures aviation services alignment between Major Capital Project procurement activities and the business unit.
- Assists in the development and implementation of an aviation services procurement strategy that emphasizes Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Advanced Supplier Relations (ASR’s) and Total Quality Improvement.
- Participates in developing the Aviation Annual Budget, monitors performance and supports BU goals for Local Content Development.
- Identifies and shares aviation best practices and assists in ensuring consistent, optimal and best practice aviation services processes are in place.
- Assists in investigations of Aviation accidents and incidents involving Company employees and/or equipment.
- Drive NCAA annual Aerodrome permit process and work with Operations to close action items.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Aviation Engineering and/or Aviation Sciences, or related disciplines
- Be a current or previous holder of an Aircraft Maintenance License in B1/B2 category
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in Aviation maintenance including support for oil and gas operations, with at least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Possess a deep knowledge of Safety Management Systems, including any of the industry SMS management tools such as PRISM, Q-Pulse, SMS-Pro, etc.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of aviation regulatory and guidance requirements, including NCAA, ICAO, and IOGP
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be a confident leader with high level presentation and analytical skills
- Have experience in planning and directing the provision of technical and support services (including Training, Aviation Fuel Quality Control, Helideck / Heliport operations and airport security)
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance management methods and technical proficiency, continuing airworthiness management and maintenance quality control
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across broad functional and organizational lines, including with regulatory and Joint Venture partner stakeholders
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
The salaries attached to this position and the general conditions of service including medical benefits are very attractive and fall within the range obtainable in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online