Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a non-profit non-governmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don’t Drop, etc. to deliver its projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
Locations: Kebbi and Sokoto
Job Type: Contract, Full-time
Duration: 15 Months (Feb 2023)
Commencement Date: Immediately
- The Chief of Party (COP) will be a key personnel for the project.
- The COP will be accountable for all technical aspects of the contract and ensure the effective, efficient, and timely implementation of all activities, including the delivery and quality control of all required products and services, management of staff and consultants, oversight of work plans and project financial management.
- The Chief of Party position must provide a full-time level of effort on the project.
- The COP will report to the Project Director within the PMU.
- The COP will supervise key program staff and ensure high program quality.
- Ensure strict adherence to internal GHI policies and procedures as well as USAID donor rules and regulations.
- representation duties to USAID, relevant government entities, partners, other implementers and external stakeholders and be accountable for achieving the WRM-WASH results.
- The COP will have the strategic vision, leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience.
- The COP provides overall leadership, technical oversight, management, and strategic vision for the program, while managing staff and resources to ensure that the program meets its targets and deliverables on-time, on scope, and within budget.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication
- Submit timely, accurate, and professional program reports that meet donor requirements.
- Represent and present findings from the program at high-level meetings with donors and at conferences.
- Establish leadership and personal credibility and implement and maintain a clearly understood chain of authority and accountability.
- Manage grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and GHI headquarters
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations
- Oversee sub-contractors and consultants working on field research, technical advisory, and knowledge management roles.
- Maintain relationships with a broad range of stakeholders in the sector to ensure optimal uptake of project results.
Skills & Qualifications
- She/he will have Advanced Degree or Postgraduate Degrees in Water Resource Management or Engineering, Public Administration / Management or other relevant fields.
- The COP must have at least 7 years of demonstrated experience on similar donor-funded projects.
- 5 years of experience with successful water and sanitation projects.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of interacting with other projects, high-level host country governments, and international agencies.
- Have professional reputation, management experience, interpersonal skills and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program description.
- The candidate must have a proven track record of working effectively with diverse groups of civil society organizations, media, and government counterparts.
- She/he will have demonstrated experience in institutional strengthening, capacity building, and market-based approaches to service delivery.
- She/he must be fluent in English.
- Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Application Closing Date
Still open for applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online