Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chinese Client Manager, CCIB
Ref No: 2100012981
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- The Chinese Client manager will provide strong support to the Relationship management team to deliver the strategic agenda to acquire, grow and retain Chinese banking clients for the CCIB Nigeria business.
- The Chinese Client manager will contribute towards achieving the CCIB business overall financial target while delivering optimal portfolio return.
- The Client Manager is the pivotal relationship in the Client Delivery team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management.
- The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health.
- The Client Manager will support the GAMs, RAMs or FAMs on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution.
- Fully understand the CCIB business strategy for the Chinese names and expectations and ensure client account maintenance activities are managed in accordance with the Bank and CCIB strategic focus.
- Achieve individual financial and non-financial targets while contributing towards team’s overall deliverables through:
- effectively generating new business – identify Chinese prospects and convert in line with the Bank’s appetite
- strategically formulating account plan – provide clients’ need-based solutions, structure appropriate credit facility, and execute various banking transactions
- proactively building trusted client relationships – maintain a portfolio of active and growing customers
- Market and sell broad range of products including trade service, cash management, treasury and investment to Chinese clients
- Prepare credit proposal and loan application of customers; prepare annual review on timely basis
- Work closely with credit team to ensure good quality lending decisions are made; to ensure the strict adherence to the prevailing EAR / credit policy
- Implement agreed business plan to achieve sales/ revenue targets
- Generate creative ideas on customer acquisition and products/ services targeted at Chinese Clients
- Regularly feedback to Team Leader and peers on new and anticipated financial and service needs and recommend appropriate improvements to processes on new products
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in client engagement, internal stakeholder management and other business conduct
- Provide direct support to the GAM/FAM for the Chinese client portfolio as follows:
- Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (liaising with COBAM), credit monitoring (liaising with CA COE) and flow maintenance
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, GAMs/ RAMs/FAMs and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues/concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, IMO, CA, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Escalate issues/concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the CM Team Lead for follow up as relevant
Documentation: Credit (existing deals – Renewals/Amendments) & Other
- Liaise with Legal & Compliance, CRC, CDU and Clients on standard documentation processes
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard docs from the relevant authoriser as necessary
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validated limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Liaise with COBAM/GAM/FAM if required on CDD related items
Account Management & Portfolio Quality:
- Ensure general portfolio hygiene of client data from a quality control perspective i.e. correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in SCI, Workbench.
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily in the portfolio. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and GAM/FAM and Process & Governance team
- Facilitate in obtaining waivers for past due monitoring
- Review and follow up on Uunsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports with Operations
- Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, Trade Offerings & Audit Confirmations
- Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities
- Seek approvals for release of trade offerings and other transactional approvals as may be necessary.
- Seek transactional approvals as necessary (i.e. trade, cash) and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Attend EAR/ASTAR Review meetings as appropriate and participate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required.
- Provide support on other projects as assigned i.e. CIB Client Surveys, other business initiatives
- Support Network Delivery through documentation facilitation (passporting)
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations
- Co-ordinate with Ops/GSSC to rectify any ops related issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Form (SIFs) wherever required within authority
- Preparation of daily client FX request for submission to Global market within the specified timelines
- Ensure daily review of the reports of transactions pending with Trade and Cash to improve TAT
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Nigeria/CIB team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator CBN prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Nigeria/CIB/IC team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Senior Banker/Banker for designated portfolio
- Credit Analyst for designated portfolio
- Product partners for designated portfolio
- Key functional partners i.e. IMO, Credit, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Marketing
- CM Team Lead
- Segment Leadership team
- Legal firms, Audit
- Market Data Services providers
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online