Federal College of Education (Technical), Potiskum, fosters achievement in all areas of study, but it is especially dedicated to achievement in Education, which is an essential part of a flourishing society, and a good life. It was founded in 1991.
We are especially dedicated to supporting achievement and establish relationships of lasting consequence between students and the people who teach and advise them. We offer interdisciplinary education and academic mentoring. We foster relationships between people from different backgrounds and enable students to explore diversity in a setting that is socially relaxed but academically intense. We also encourage personal and social responsibility by creating opportunities for students to share their learning with the community and to make meaningful contributions to the places where they live. The result, we hope, are NCE graduates who are prepared to engage the complexities of life in a changing world with curiosity, empathy, resilience, and joy.
Applications are invited form suitable candidates for the position of:
Job Title: College Registrar
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day performance of his/her duties.
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and head of the Registry Department.
- The Registrar is responsible for the day-today administration of the Registry
- Functions as Secretary to the Governing Council
- Functions as Secretary to other statutory Committees
- Responsible for keeping all records of the College
- Issuing of Certificate of Service, Results and Transcript
- Interpreting extant rules
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time.
To be eligible for appointment as College Registrar, the candidate must possess the following requirements:
- A good honours Degree in any of the Social Sciences, Art Subjects from any recognized institution of higher learning;
- A relevant Masters Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years cognate work experience. Possession of Doctoral degree is an added advantage;
- Must have been a Deputy Registrar on CONTEDISS 15, from any tertiary institutions;
- Evidence of continuous mandatory professional development;
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT);
- Must have a membership of recognized professional body in the relevant field;
- Successful candidate must not be above the age of fifteen-nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
- The Registrar shall hold office for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, beginning from the effective date of assumption to duty and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment, and may be renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of five (5) years and no more.
Conditions of Service
- The Conditions of Service are as obtainable in the Federal Colleges of Education system.
- Candidate appointed will be entitled to all officially approved benefits attached to the Office of the College Registrar.
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in soft copy “read only” compact disks, two (2 nos) and twenty (20) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status and Number of Children indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Govemment Area and State of Origin
- Telephone Numbers and e-mail Address
- Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Association / Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence
- Present Employer, Status and Salary
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar” on the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P.M. B. 1013, Potiskum,