Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Geidam and Yunusari LGA, Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Construction Engineer will work under the leadership and guidance of project manager and supervised by the WASH / Infrastructure officer;
- He/she will be accountable for professional technical contribution in developing standard BoQs, designs and technical drawings, carryout technical assessment on already prioritized assets and water points, supervision of construction and rehabilitation activity implementation within the framework of the BRICC program in Geidam and Yunusari respectively.
Essential Job Functions
Project Implementation and Supervision:
- Work with the BRICC WASH Officer in technical assessment of (Prioritized) proposed WaSH/infrastructure (community assets) for construction/rehabilitation.
- Support the development of Bills of Quantities (BoQs), technical drawings, and tender documents
- Develop detailed, site-specific (Building specifications) work plan to ensure adequate technical oversight of construction activities at field-level
- Supervise and ensure quality implementation of contractor-led construction activities related to the project specifications and designs
- Supervise and be responsible for, ensure that all technical aspects of project implementation are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to standard engineering methods.
- Regularly update project implementation plans to the BRICC program manager with associated time lines.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed work plans and written records of engineering work undertaken in the project.
- Previous experience of work in the humanitarian sector or reputable engineering fame
Information Management / Reporting:
- Provide periodic report of field site works and challenges to the team lead.
- Ensure that all construction/infrastructure data within the staff’s portfolio of sites is well managed and provides an accurate representation of the reality on the ground.
- Submit regular reports related to the work progress to the team lead.
Security management responsibilities:
- Responsible of the day-to-day security management as it relates to program implementation.
- Abide by the security procedures and policies of the organization and report any breaches.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Building Technology, or Architecture with rich field experience. Professional license is a plus.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in field-level construction project management and supervision.
- Good experience with effective contractor supervision and contractor performance management and evaluation.
- Good Knowledge of Nigerian construction standards, codes and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook Access).
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD engineering design software application.
- Good English language skills (verbal and written)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where network may be limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online