Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Jagun, Jigawa
Contract: 208 working hours per month.
- Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the daily building and rehabilitation activities in the project, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient running of the project
- Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the building and rehabilitation activities in the project ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes the following tasks:
- Analysing, according to customer requirements and MSF programs, the needs for construction/rehabilitation works and reporting to the line manager accordingly, in order to provide the necessary information to find an appropriate and efficient solution, including planning of (financial, technical, material and human) resources that meet the mission needs
- Supervising and following up through regular visits the work of construction and/or rehabilitation in progress, in order to ensure deadlines, budget and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations
- Organizing and supervising call for tenders (architect office, company tendering) activities in order to ensure the best technical and financial conditions in collaboration with the MCR
- Supervising and leading the logistic team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule; organizing and leading team meetings
- Providing monthly activity reports and implementing reporting practices.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her specialty and as specified in his/her job description
Education & Experience
- Essential, Secondary Education; desirable Engineering or Construction Diploma / Education
- Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar jobs, MSF experience is an asset
- Computer literacy: Good command of Word, Excel and CAD software.
- Structural analysis software and MS Project command is an asset
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Participles L2
- Stress Management L3
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Knowledge of construction structural analysis
- Knowledge in Water and sanitation works
- Deep knowledge of local construction material market
- Deep knowledge of main Nigerian construction typologies
- Knowledge of different construction systems and materials (metal, clay brick and concrete in particular)
- Ability to accurately describe and assess the status of a construction project and be ready to provide possible solutions when necessary
- A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
- Ability to communicate with subcontractors, suppliers and clients.
- Essential, local language (Hausa) commandment desirable; mission working language (English).
Monthly Gross salary of N367,575 (Three hundred and Sixty Seven thousand, Five Hundred Seventy five) Naira per month, plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary (pro-rated to the 13th month allowance).
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online