The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) – Our client, the International Potato Center (CIP) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant
Location: Jos, Plateau
Term of Contract: From January 2022 to March 2023
- We are seeking a proactive and experienced agronomist with extensive knowledge of seed system for vegetatively propagated crops to coordinate new potato germplasm testing, release, and registration process in Jos, Plateau state, Nigeria.
- Prepare layout for on-station, multilocation and on-farm testing of imported potato germplasm.
- Collect data necessary for the variety release and registration process.
- Prepare all the paperwork to facilitate the release and registration of imported potato in the country.
- Facilitate discussion on using SAH plantlets of potato to be used in on-stating, multilocation and on-farm testing.
- Facilitate and lead Mou between CIP, Wise Synergy and NRCRI to use the infrastructure to produce tissue culture plantlets.
- Facilitate and lead the production of RAC and SAH plantlets at NRCRI.
- Facilitate and lead the production of tissue culture production at NRCRI.
- Coordinate the seed potato certification protocol process with the regulatory body.
Reports / Deliverables (and Deadlines)
- Monthly progress report on above listed seven activities: on the 25th of each month
- Duration of assignment (working days): 6 days/month. A maximum of 90 days. Daily Rate: $67 (Kindly refer to our consultancy fee evaluation form)
- Consultancies cannot exceed 150 working days in a year.
- Degree: B.Sc or M.Sc
- Specialty: Agronomy / Pathology
- Expertise required: Potato seed system
- Years of experience: 3 – 4 years
- Skills: Laboratory skills, field lay out, data collection, interpretation
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online