Sasakawa Africa Association (SAA) is a non-governmental organization that promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers. SAA assists host country agricultural development program through its country program. The project is implemented through five interrelated components: Regenerative Agriculture, promotion of improved Post-harvest and Agro-processing Technologies, promote Market Oriented Agriculture in support of pluralistic extension delivery and market access, to develop agricultural extension advisory services and to establish a relevant, efficient and effective Monitoring, Evaluation, Recording and Communication system.
We are recruiting qualified candidates of Nigerian Nationals to fill the position of:
Job Title: Coordinator for Monitoring, Evaluation, Report and Communication (MERC)
- The Coordinator for MERC unit is the key representative of the MERC activities at country level. In consultation with the Country Director (CD)/Deputy Country Director (DCD)
- S/he oversees the overall planning, implementation, coordination and supervision of MERC related activities at country level and provides reports accordingly.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead development of project documents including monthly/annual work plan and budget of MERC activities.
- Design survey tools and methodologies (qualitative & quantitative) of MERC and lead data collection, analysis, documentation, reporting and information sharing.
- Designs and prepare training packages (leaflets, handouts, etc.) for use by staff and others in the field (e.g, survey enumerators and data entry technicians)
- Plan, lead and supervise monitoring activities, and collect relevant and reliable data/information by conducting baseline and other surveys to carry out impact/economical assessment in line with AOP/GOP indicators.
- Write monthly quarterly, and biannual and annual technical reports and share the reports as evidence to enhance appropriate and timely management decision-making towards improving program quality and performance.
- Develop publications including policy briefs and journal articles attributed to SAA work and share with key partners and stakeholders.
- Disseminate achievements of SAA to relevant audiences through the use of appropriate communication channels
- Collect information on other donors on MERC and write project proposal in consultation with CD/DCD.
- Promote synergy among other themes along the value-chain.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum requirement of B.Sc / M.Sc in Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Management Information Systems or relevant
- 12 / 14 years of experience on relevant field respectively
- English Proficiency:Q2 (Especially writing skills)
- Microsoft Office: Advance knowledge of power point, Word and Excel
- Ability to use Data collection technologies such as GPS, Arc-GIS, etc.
- Ability to use MS ACCESS, SPHINX, SPSS, Stata or any other data management software
- Knowledge of Econometrics and statistical analysis and excellent reporting skill
- Excellent project coordination and management skills.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their Applications with the Non-returnable documents below to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Submit their Applications with the Non-returnable documents to:
The Country Director,
Sasakawa Africa Association,
No. 8 Kura Road, Off Magajin Rumfa,
Non-returnable Documents to be Submitted
- Application Letters stating intent of interest.
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 Referees
- Copies of Credentials.