Anadach Group is a strategic healthcare consulting firm focused on providing innovative advice and services to clients and partners interested in transforming healthcare systems in emerging markets and developing economies.
We provide a wide range of services to various stakeholders in the health sector including management consulting,Advisory and Capability Enhancement Services,Professional and Executive Recruitment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Critical Care Specialist
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
- Our client is a new and upcoming leading international provider of world-class healthcare services in Lagos, with the aim of providing prompt, efficient and high-quality healthcare services to all their patients. Our client believes in equipping patients with medical information to empower them to make informed decisions regarding their health management/healthy lifestyle.
- Hence, career opportunities exist for high performing Specialists that can contribute to a rapidly growing organization. As a new specialist in a well-equipped and managed facility, you would have the opportunity to shape and deliver services currently not available or easily available in Nigeria. Salaries and benefits are internationally competitive and depends on experience.
- The Intensivist/Critical Care Specialist is responsible to the Chief Medical Officer. He/she will be involved with directing and supervising critical medical care for patients with critical life-threatening injuries. He/she is a member of the senior medical team and coordinates specialized care for patients while providing leadership and guidance in establishing the highest standards of care and ensuring optimal delivery of quality care in line with international best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the clinical care of critically ill patients admitted to ICU according to generally accepted standards.
- Ultrasound-guided interventional procedures.
- Advanced Mechanical ventilation management.
- Competencies in the operation and management of CRRT dialysis, Transesophageal echocardiography, diagnostic, and therapeutic bronchoscopy skills, are added advantages.
- Basic and Advanced Life Support Certification.
- Hands-on experience in management of various Critical Care Patients, including Neurological Intensive Care, Cardiovascular Intensive care (post-operative cardiovascular patients, ECMO and ventricular assist devices), Coronary Care, Heart Failure, Trauma Intensive Care, Surgical Intensive Care, Respiratory Therapy, ICU Nutrition, Infectious disease, Post Cardio – Thoracic surgery care, Pulmonary
- Hypertension ICU Management and Right Heart Catheterization.
- To communicate and cooperate with other medical staff and colleagues who have patients in ICU or wish to discuss other pertinent medical problems regarding patients in other areas of the hospital.
- To be in charge specifically of ventilatory, circulatory fluid and nutritional therapy concerning the patients in ICU.
- Additional responsibilities include Cardiac Anaesthesia, Cardiac Intensive Care, pain management care
- Management of ECMO
- To participate in the evaluation of the patients who are possible candidates for ICU either as transfers from outside or within our hospital.
- Participates in the administrative organization of the ICU under the direction of the Consultant in Charge of ICU and takes part in the development of its rules and regulations, the standards of care and maintenance of its equipment (in conjunction with the engineering department).
- Carries out reviews and investigations on drugs, equipment, physiological and pharmacological matters relevant to intensive care, provides and/or takes part in advisory service to the hospital.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
- Teaches staff assigned for training purposes and participates with the director of department/head of division and the Consultant in Charge of ICU in planning a programme of career development for trainees.
- Participates in the forward planning, and further development of the department/division and the ICU.
Qualifications and Experience
- MBBS/MBChB or equivalent
- Fellowship with the West African College of Surgeons (WACS) and/or the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN); OR Equivalent fellowship in a country where you can obtain license to practice in Nigeria
- Must be a minimum of 3 years post-fellowship.
- Full registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Foreign training and experience are an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Pain Management, Cardiac Anaesthesia, Cardiac Intensive Care & Adult Intensive Care and ECMO
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work long, flexible and on-call hours, often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
- Drive to continue learning throughout career.
- Strong IT/computer skills
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org please indicate your name and job title as the subject of your email.
|Job Category||Customer Services|