The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Relations Assistant – HH
SVN No.: CFCV2021.09
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: Humanitarian Hub
IOM Classification: Hourly
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Hourly Contract
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Humanitarian Hubs Project Coordinator and direct supervision of the Humanitarian Hubs Operations Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of Customer Services for the humanitarian Hub in accordance with the performance and quality level.
Standards set by the humanitarian hubs management. He or She will:
- Ensure that all booking requests are attended to appropriately acted upon and processed.
- Brief guest(s) on the humanitarian hubs services/facilities and the rules & regulations.
- Promptly attend to concerns and requests raised by resident(s) and guest(s)
- Coordinate with partners on the schedule and use of Red Roof’s Conference Room and Training Centre including the provision of lunch and/or coffee breaks whenever necessary.
- Coordinate with the support units (Maintenance, Housekeeping, Kitchen, etc.) all issues reported to the Front Desk that will impact the quality of service of Red Roof and welfare of the residents/guests. Monitor the progress of the action taken by the support unit(s) concerned and update the guest as needed.
- Organize the Front Desk file and ensure clear and comprehensive records of guest(s) room bookings and all billings for accountability and future reference.
- Coordinate with the hub managers on issues related to accommodation. Update and ensure timely and accurate updating of the Booking/Reservation Platform.
- Ensure orderliness at the Front Desk, keeping the Front Desk area clean always.
- Prepare and promptly share with the Kitchen Team, the daily list of in-house guests.
- Prepare invoices of residents and guests in a timely manner and ensure that the residents and guests acknowledge their invoices within the prescribed period. Submit the signed invoices to the Hub Cashier for collection of payment.
- Prepare accurate in-house report and submit it to Operations Assistant for Customer Service at the end of the week.
- Perform any other duties not listed above when requested by the supervisors.
- Any other task not listed above when requested by the supervisors.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary School Education (minimum requirement)
- Any additional Certificate in relevant field will be an advantage.
- Professional experience in Administration.
- Experience in health and safety regulations
- Fluency in English and Hausa / Kanuri.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge “continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applicationn Closing Date
1st February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Customer Services|