KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria is a local non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the Nigeria. KNCV Nigeria is a local center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Delft Light Active Case Finding Associate
Vacancy Number: KN48
Locations: Cross River (1), Delta (1), Nasarawa (1), Benue (1), Kano (2) and Katsina (1)
USAID Nigeria TB LON Region 1 and 2 Project
- The TB LON Project is funded by USAID Nigeria and focuses on locally generated solutions to provide TB prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and notification, while addressing stigma and discrimination.
- The TB LON region 1 and 2 project is to be implemented by KNCV TB foundation Nigeria to expand the provision of and increase access to TB services among formal and informal health providers through the engagement of the private sector, umbrella and local chapters of health and allied professional organizations, faith-based institutions, communities and civil society.
- The project is targeted at increasing the number of tuberculosis (TB) cases that are detected, treated and notified to 437,895 within the five year grant implementation period 2020 to 2025 and implemented across 14 states in Nigeria; Bauchi, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Nasarawa, Plateau, Taraba, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross River, Delta, Imo and Rivers State. The project’s four intermediate results are as follows;
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB, DR-TB, and TB / Human Immunodeficiency Virus (TB/HIV) services;
- Strengthened TB service delivery platforms;
- ReducedTB disease transmission and progression and
- Accelerated TB innovations with improved impact on program implementation.
- KNCV Nigeria is working with a consortium of partners- two sub recipients- CCCRN and KNCV International and six strategic service package providers- Intrasat Global, IPCD, Jana Health Foundation, Diadem Consult, Public Health Concerns Ltd and TB Network. Towards meeting the project set targets, KNCV Nigeria and partners adopted a mixed model of community and facility based, health systems strengthening strategies and digital solutions to find TB cases in a Roll in, Roll on and Roll out staged approach. Roll in was in year 1 which is the planning stage, collaborations and capacity building, Roll on is the saturation stage in Year 2,3 and 4 while Roll out in year 5 is the transitioning Stage.
Purpose of the position
- The main responsibility of the Delft Light ACF Associate is to perform radiological duties in compliance with international standards using a mobile digital x-ray backpack unit.
- S/he will also perform selected administrative, and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of quality radiography for the purposes of screening clients for TB in a mobile environment as part of an Active TB Case Finding (ACF) & Contact Investigation team.
- Hierarchically, The Delft Light ACF Associate reports to and works under the daily supervision of the ACF Coordinator (where available) /Senior Program Officer.
As a Delft Light ACF Associate, You Will
- Participate in community engagement and mobilization activities for TB ACF.
- Conduct screening of clients to identify presumptive TB for digital x-ray examination when applicable
- Will ensure sputum collection from identified presumptive and transportation in ice cold boxes for GeneXpert or TB LAM diagnostic evaluation
- Prepare the client for radiological procedures
- Take measures to protect clients, oneself and other staff from radiation exposure according to best practices and manufacturer’s guidelines
- Take quality diagnostic radiographs of clients according to established procedures for patient care and safety
- Ensure a maximum of two and half minutes is spent per client for x-ray, while maintaining a repeat rate of two percent or less.
- Accurately documents completed radiological procedures, completely and promptly
- Store all radiographs in an easily retrievable manner
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Report immediately any equipment malfunctions to the ACF Coordinator where available /Senior Program Officer
- Maintain mobile x-ray unit, stock necessary radiological supplies
- Make suggestions to improve work methods
- Serve as the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)
- Keep record of the dosimetry readings
- Train new employees.
- Work closely with the other team members for the purposes of prompt diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the ACF Coordinator where available / Senior Program Officer
- Perform other additional duties assigne.
Who are We Looking For?
- Holds a Science Degree or be a UniversityGraduate of Medical Radiology or be an X-ray technologist (from a school of health technology).
- A current X-Ray Technology certificate or license from a program approved in Nigeria will be an added advantage
Knowledge / Experience:
- Proven experience in coaching and training.
Behavioral competencies and Skills:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Reliable and able to work under pressure.
- Eye for detail.
Application Closing Date
18th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a short cover letter, and updated CV with 3 professional referees via: [email protected] indicating the Job Position and Vacancy Number as the subject of the email and in their Cover Letter subject heading.