JOB TITLE: Diesel Mechanic
JOB LOCATION: Ibese, Ogun.
Job Ref.: IbesePlantMech003
Department: DCP – Operations
- We are looking for physically fit candidate with good attention to detail for the position of Diesel Mechanic
- The primary duties of a Diesel Mechanic include performing diagnostic tests on diesel vehicles to find faults, analyzing diagnostic test results and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking or lighting system components.
- Diesel Mechanic need to be highly organized and communicate effectively, as they will be expected to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with staff on daily basis.
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventive maintenance on service vehicles.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining all parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the workshop.
Education and Work Experience:
- School Cert. (WASC / SSCE / Trade test II) + 16 years relevant experience
- School Cert. (WASC / SSCE / Trade test I) + 8 years relevant experience
- ND or its equivalent in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering and other related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years working experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Good team player
- Good communication skill
- Motivator and innovator of ideas
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.