Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director General/CEO
Job Type: Full Time
We are currently recruiting the role of Director General/CEO for our client. He/ She will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the programs, services and image of the organization in the wider business community.
- Initiate and maintain correct practices in driving the viability and sustainability of the organization
- Prepare a strategic plan and annual operational plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the organization attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible
- Ensure the prominence and visibility of the organization as the voice of the business community within the framework of the advocacy activities of the organization
- Target and initiate business partnerships with other organizations and companies
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with relevant government ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs), local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the organization is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Develop and maintain research and advocacy programmes to ensure that the organization maintains its vital role as the voice of business in Nigeria, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides evidence-based, effective advocacy programs and maintain its position as a role-model in the promotion of sound business ethics and delivery of qualitative services.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimised.
- Initiate and maintain Total Quality Management systems throughout the organization to ensure that the best possible programs and services are provided to members.
- Bachelor’s degree in any course
- A post graduate qualification in Management is desirable
- Over 20 years’ experience, with a minimum of 12 (twelve) years’ executive level experience in managing people and resources. A hybrid of public and private sector experience is preferable
- Membership of relevant Professional body is desirable
- Possess deep knowledge of the Trade & Industry landscape
- Proven experience in Commerce and Business Management
- Experience of and the ability to fit into a Non-profit organization culture
- Possess strong leadership ethos, Influence and the ability to manage a multi-sector workforce and a variety of work situations in a VUCA environment
- Proven ability to drive strategy execution and lead transformational initiative with clear outcomes
- Ability to demonstrate strong business performance history
- Deep appreciation and understanding of strategic capital planning, management and optimization. Strong sense of creative cost management initiatives and ideas
- Sound knowledge of core corporate governance practices. Proven experience of dealing with diverse board and balancing different interest.
- Exhibits confidence and professional diplomacy, while effectively relating to people at all levels internally and externally.
- Proven ability to ensure balancing of the interests of the organisation’s stakeholders, such as senior management executives, customers, suppliers, financiers, the government, and the community
- Must be able to evaluate statistical and other business reports
- Must possess excellent communication skills. Advocacy and presentation skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements. Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the members and employees. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to network with stakeholders from all backgrounds and levels of society for the benefit of the organisation
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online