Avarun Consulting Limited is seeking to recruit on behalf of our client, certain Senior Management personnel who shall be the Post Holders for an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) applicant. Our client is a startup airline in Nigeria soon to commence its AOC certification by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA). It is the desire of the prospective airline to blend local culture with technological innovations to bring to the customer, unparalleled experience in air transportation while ensuring the highest degree of safety and comfort. The Airline plans to begin operations using the ERJ 145/175 aircraft.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Flight Operations
In accordance with Nig. CARs Part 220.127.116.11 & IS 18.104.22.168, the minimum initial qualifications for the advertised position are as follows:
- Hold a valid Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL); and 3 years experience as pilot in command (PIC) in commercial air transport operations on large or small aircraft
- Note: Previous experience as DFO, Chief Pilot, flight safety officer, flight technical officer and flight training manager of an AOC holder will an added advantage.
The skills required include the following:
- Knowledge of the Nigeria Civil of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations (Nig. CARs);
- Knowledge of the NCAA’s five (5) phases of the AOC certification process;
- Ability to operate computers, including knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Ability to use sound business judgement to resolve issues;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- Knowledge of Project Management;
- Broad Industry Experience;
- Ability to lead and bring out the best performance in the teams;
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with team members;
- Ability to work under demanding conditions, prioritize and execute with a sense of urgency and deliver excellent outputs;
- Critical thinking and strong decision making skills.
As required by Civil Aviation Regulations, the individuals who serve in the above position must:
- Be qualified through training, experience and expertise;
- Discharge their duties to meet applicable legal requirements and maintain safe operations and
- To the extent of their responsibilities, have a full understanding of Aviation Safety Standards and Safe Operating practices and the Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations.
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.