The Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike (AE-FUNAI) in Ebonyi State was among the nine new Universities established by the Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s administration in February, 2011. It is situated in Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State which is about 25 kilometres from Abakaliki, the State Capital.
The University is deeply committed towards realizing its dream for a world class status where research and innovations are the order of the day. Her philosophy is strictly guided by the desire to raise problem solvers for the nation through the production of highly skilled and motivated graduates.
In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No.11 of 1993 as amended, the Governing Council hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Health Services
Location: Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi
- The Director of Health Services shall be a person of high integrity and should demonstrate transparency in private and public life as well as being able to command the respect and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Prospective candidates must be duly qualified and registered medical officers by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- They should be in good physical and mental health and should not be more than sixty (60) years of age before the date of appointment.
- Persons who have served or are currently serving as Director of Medical Services need not apply.
Candidate for the post shall:
- Possess the Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) Degree or its equivalent from a recognized university together with National Youth Service Corpse (NYSC) Discharge Certificate or evidence of exemption.
- Candidates with the fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or other recognised postgraduate medical institutions, especially in Public Health, shall be at an advantage.
- Have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant service experience.
- Not be below the rank of a Deputy Director of Health Services in a University or a similar institution.
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Director of Health Services of federal universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria, the Governing Council of the University and as stipulated in the University’s Conditions of Service.
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years with effect from date of assumption of duty.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first, in capital letters, followed by a comma)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- E-mail and Telephone number(s)
- Present Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Secondary and post-secondary schools attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Present employment, indicating present status and salary
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope with the position applied for boldly marked at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
The Registrar / Secretary to Council,
Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike,
P.M.B. 1010, Abakaliki,