Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, an Educational Institution in the Eastern part of Nigeria is looking to recruit highly qualified professionals for the role below:
Job Title: Director of University Relations & International Cooperation
Location: Imo, Nigeria
- The Office of University Relations and International Cooperation (URIC) is the first contact for international relations at the University. The URIC is committed to facilitating the cooperation and exchange programs between the University and overseas partners to develop collaboration on education, research and to enhance the University’s global standing.
- The office has four focal areas to better serve the University community and visitors. The areas include International Exchange, Visiting Scholars, Dispatch, and Program Administration.
The general responsibilities of the four areas are as follows:
- Visiting Scholars is committed to better serving international experts and scholars so that they can better facilitate the University’s effort in internationalizing the education, research and social service and to enhance the University’s global standing.
- International Exchange is responsible for facilitating international communication and promoting cooperation and exchanges with universities and organizations from across the globe.
- Dispatch focuses on helping with all the paperwork of students, staff and faculty members to go abroad for academic purposes.
- Program Administration is responsible for the institutional financial aid and scholarship programs and students work programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism (not below Second Class, Lower) with proficiency in Management of Information Systems.
- Cognate experience as media executive with relevant professional bodies is mandatory.
- Ability to manage multicultural international communities, bilateral skills, speaking several international languages
- Possession of M.Sc. in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Candidates for the positions must not be above the age of Fifty Nine (59) years by October, 2020.
In consonance with the University Law 2020, the appointment of the Director is for a single term of five  years.
- Candidate should provide a mission and vision for the University in his/ her five(5) years tenure with particular reference to the core duties of the office in not more than 1,500 words.
Please note that the salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved by the Governing Council of the University. Salary: The salary attached to the role is CONTISS 15.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online