The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver III
Job Requisition ID: R2133
Job Type: Full time
- The Driver will provide transport support services to all technical program areas.
- The driver is also required to drive MSH Global Fund project vehicles while transporting staff.
- Drivers are also responsible for overseeing vehicle maintenance.
- Drive project staff to activities and meetings within and outside the base/location.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records relating to individual vehicle use.
- Ensure all aspects of vehicle policy are being followed and enforced during your assignments.
- Inspect vehicle prior to travel to assure all fluids, tires, wipers, belts, etc are in good working order.
- Signal any sign of the need for maintenance or other problem with the vehicle to the Senior Operations and Procurement Specialist.
- Keep vehicle health log updated.
- Ensure the security of the vehicle when outside of the office.
- Ensure the safety of all passengers.
- Submit all expense reports in a timely manner to accounting, properly completed.
- Move project properties to locations where they may be needed.
- Ensure all safety kits, like a fire extinguisher, triangular caution sign, first aid kit, etc are in the vehicle.
- Ensure all passengers are well seated with cross belts fastened.
- Maintaining a Vehicle Log Book which records all movement of the vehicle as per MSH procedures
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- High School Certificate. University degree preferred.
- 0 – 2 years related work experience with International organizations in Nigeria.
- Sound judgment, non-aggressive driving style, and good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of standard driving practices
- Good driving record.
- Ability to travel if required
- Mental programs for interpreting and responding to events automatically; and motivations that activate and direct
- Safe behavior and anticipate problems
- Ability to organize and complete manual and routine tasks as assigned
- Ability to perform at an acceptable level of control skill.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online