The RA International School (RAIS) is located in Nigeria LNG Residential Area on Bonny Island, which houses the school staff and NLNG staff as well as their families.
The school runs a broad-based curriculum, following the English Curriculum for Mathematics and Literacy, as well as International Primary Curriculum (IPC) for other subjects with local (Nigerian) content included. It currently has over 634 students on roll from 3-11years, from mostly Nigerian backgrounds.
We are seeking to recruit experienced, exceptional and internationally-minded professionals with the ability to work proficiently in a multi-cultural team using an inclusive and multi-disciplinary approach for the position below:
Job Title: Early Years Class Teacher
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
Job Type: Full Time
- To plan and deliver quality teaching and learning for ages 3 – 11 based on School Curriculum and link with International Primary Curriculum whilst maintaining a conducive learning environment within the classroom.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver lessons based on approved school curricula involving factual background material, materials on current events and other appropriate activities and also support other activities that promote learning within and outside the school to encourage pupils to develop skills and attitudes, draw conclusions, achieve improved interpersonal relationships and make value judgments based on scientific methods of inquiry.
- Teach challenging, well organised lessons, using an appropriate range of teaching strategies which meet individual learners’ needs, including children for whom English is an additional language.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in IPC and education generally, sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives and monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment
- Establish good relationship and communicate with parents and school coordinators on pupil progress, providing regular feedback on the development of the children.
- Prepare, assess, issue and discuss pupils’ report with their parents to ensure increased performance (learning) of the pupils. Use assessment as a means of improving learning.
- Assist with organizing extra-curricular activities and in developing the school’s curriculum and other developmental programs to enhance (learning) knowledge base of pupils.
- Register the attendance of and supervise children, before, during or after school sessions as appropriate.
- Identify pupil needs, and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems to ensure all children reach their potential.
- B.Ed., B.Sc(Ed), B.A(Ed) or B.A/B.Sc plus (PGDE/PGCE) in any discipline and minimum of 2nd class honours lower division (2:2)
- Possession of Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) [e.g.be a registered member with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, have QTS or recognition by a similar international body].
- Possession of NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) Certificate/Exemption Letter.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in teaching with at least 3 years in the Early Years/Nursery classes (ideally an international school).
- Experience in teaching the International Primary Curriculum/National Curriculum of England is an added advantage.
- Excellent skills in classroom management.
- Should be a person of high integrity and excellent character.
- Not more than 45 years old as at January 31, 2021.
Application Closing Date
12:00am 1st February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Fill the RAIS Employment Application Form
Send their CV in the format below with copies of supporting documents (mentioned in the CV), the supporting statement by email with “Title of Position Applied for” to: RAISRecruitment@raisbny.com