Silver Valley International College (SVIC) Kabba is a leading international school in Kogi State, Nigeria. SVIC runs both the Nigerian and British Curriculum. Our Vision: Our vision is to be the leading school trusted and renowned internationally for outstanding academic excellence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: English Language Teacher
Job Ref: SVIS / ZA / Teachers / 2021 / 12
Location: Kabba, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking capable and dedicated individuals to join our vibrant team of teaching staff. The candidates we are seeking to hire will teach English Language and Literature-in-English.
- The ideal candidate for these subjects should have strong and effective communication skills for dealing with students, parents, teachers, and support staff and should be organized, energetic and self-directed with a proven record for high performance.
- The ability to stimulate the students to develop enthusiasm in his or her subject is very essential. Short-listed candidates will undergo our rigorous recruitment process including pre-employment background checks before they are considered to be successful.
- Teach English Language & Literature-in-English.
- Prepare students for internal/external examinations.
- Evaluate students’ progress
- Assist students in developing their writing and speaking skills.
- The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in related field with a minimum of Second Class lower division and a Post Graduate Diploma in Education ( if the first degree is not Education Career-related) with a minimum teaching experience of 5 years.
- Teaching experience in an International Private School environment or a highly rated Federal Government College will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking, and time management ( A candidate whose accent or his/her mother tongue impacts his/her spoken English will not be considered).
- Must be compliant with the Modern Teaching Approach.
- Must be a good team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire others.
- Must have good fluency in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- This individual will be required to go the extra mile to support our students not only to succeed but become globally competitive.
- Applicants with a master’s degree or Doctorate in Education with 3 years of teaching experience will have an added advantage.
- Must have taught and presented students for the WASCE / NECO with above 80% pass rate ( total number of successful candidates) in his or her subject with minimum C4 individual scores quality grades.
- Applicants must be resident in Kabba, Kogi State or willing to relocate to Kabba town.
We offer an attractive salary package with a lot of incentives.
Application Closing Date
10th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with Application Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.