Job Title: Export Logistics Officer (Industry Cement)
Job Ref.: ExportLogistics001
Job Location: Lagos
Department: DCP – Export
- The Export Logistics Officer will be responsible to produce accurate shipping documentation; oversee all aspects of the container shipment (from assisting customers/suppliers with bookings to the containers’ arrival at port).
- Gain knowledge and expertise with each customer’s requirements and implement change to streamline the process.
- Coordinates export activities including reviewing documents received from overseas, tracing incoming shipments with steamship lines, creating arrival notices and making arrangements for customs clearance with broker and handling delivery instructions.
- Generate, file, maintain up-to-date customer records, reports, documentation, database, etc.
- Coordinate shipments with importers, truckers, and carriers.
- Prepare billing package, bill file, email/mail to clients.
- Ensure that all documentation meets 100% export regulations (commercial invoices, shipper export declaration, bill of lading).
- Arrange cargo movement to international destinations, making booking, preparing and processing documentation.
- Provide price quotations within established guidelines for air and ocean shipments.
- Ability to work in a blended operations and customer development role.
- Arrange for pickup and movement of freight to end port.
- Ability to handle International drop-shipments per business standard operations procedure.
- Responsible for packing, weighing, and labeling small sample shipments.
- Manage relationships with transportation providers, vendors, customer service, and others to help resolve shipping issues
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Transport Management, Purchasing & Supplies or Business Administration
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development