Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilitator for First Aid, CPR and AED Training
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Part-time
- In Nigeria, Medecins du Monde provides emergency medical assistance to host and displaced populations within the Northeast region of the country.
- This intervention is delivered through the following sectors: Improved access of host and displaced populations to free and comprehensive primary health care; universal access to SRH services, strengthening the continuum of care in SRH, and establishing good quality community care structures throughout the lives of the service users; improved access of the malnourished children, aged 6-59 months, to quality nutrition treatment including the management of Severe Acute Malnutrition.
- A component of MdM’s integrated primary health care services is staff capacity building and institutional strengthening. This is delivered through on job trainings and specific formal trainings according to particular needs. As part of this intervention, MdM will train the medical team on ‘’Basic Life Support’’ to scale up the quality of the emergency care provided at field level.
- Injuries and life-threatening incidents in the clinics (or at home) are always unexpected. The failure to take prompt action may escalate an emergency situation and lead to the mortality and morbidity of the victim. However, early intervention may be effective in preventing further deterioration of the patient’s condition, and may even reverse the life-threatening condition.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is an emergency procedure required for victims of cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest and foreign-body airway obstruction.
- Prompt administration of BLS increases the patient’s chances of recovery and it is believed that out-of-hospital mortality could be significantly reduced if at least 15% of the population had knowledge of BLS.
- This is why MDM would like to train medical and non-medical staff on First aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and how to administer AED to individuals having cardiac arrest in and out of hospital setting.
Purpose and Objectives
- The main objective of this service is to provide high-quality training on First Aid, CPR and AED to equip the participants with basic knowledge, skills and attitude to perform with confidence chest compressions and giving rescue breath to save lives.
By the end of the training, participants should be better equipped to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe how quality CPR improves survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR and when to initiate a CPR
- Identify the steps and actions needed to administer CPR correctly
- Perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- To give effective breaths using mouth to mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- State the purpose of an AED, the precautions for its use and the correct method of use.
- Define First aid and know its basics
- Identify different types of injuries and identifying emergencies.
- Outline the appropriate first aid measures for several different types of injuries
- Role-play first aid scenarios
Application Closing Date
27th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive / detailed profile, indicating your competencies and experiences on similar projects to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “First Aid / CPR / AED Training” as the subject line.