Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED) was founded in 2018. We are a global health and development Non Governmental Organization, focused on improving the growth and development of populations through strengthening governance and democratic processes, conduct of empirical research to generate evidence, advocating for women rights and empowerment and through the implementation of sustainable programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation
Locations: Abuja, Adamawa, Cross River , Ebonyi, Lagos and Sokoto
- Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development is implementing the European Union and United Nations Spotlight Initiative, a multi-year programme aimed at addressing all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG), and harmful practices.
- The Spotlight Initiative aims to support transformative change on the ground to end violence against women and girls, in numerous countries such as Nigeria. The Initiative will ensure that all women and girls benefit from adequate legislation and policies, gender responsive institutions, violence prevention programmes, essential services, comparable and reliable data, and strong women’s movements and civil society organizations.
- In Nigeria, the United Nations and its partners have developed a comprehensive Country Programme based on six key programmatic pillars:
- Laws and Policies;
- Prevention and Social Norms;
- Data; and
- Women’s movement and Civil Society Organizations.
- The programme will focus on coordinating the national data reporting response aimed at ensuring that globally comparable data on different forms of gender-based violence and harmful practices are harmonised, collected, analysed and used to inform laws, policies and programmes. It will also focus on ensuring timely and systematic reporting of high quality data from livelihood program component of service delivery provided to survivors of gender-based violence.
- We are therefore looking for a Field Officer Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) who will work in the field to improve program data quality and ensure completeness of reporting for the Spotlight Initiative by implementing robust data management systems and processes.
- The position will assist in the effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes in the implementation of the Spotlight Initiative and support the M&E Snr. Officer/Officer (Abuja) in managing day to day M&E tasks in the State and by providing M&E technical support to civil society organization and the state Ministry of Women Affairs.
- The Field Officer (M&E) will be supervised by the M&E Snr. Officer and will liaise with the livelihood program project team and the Spotlight State M&E Officers, regarding the project monitoring and evaluation approaches and methodologies, ensuring that project meets the high quality standards for monitoring and evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the M&E Officer (field) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for the Spotlight Initiative into the GBV Situation room dashboard in the state and ensure thatcomplete, accurate, clean and consistent data is shared with the M&E Snr. Officer/Officer (Abuja) for data analysis, reporting and decision making.
- Ensure CSO profiling in the state GBV Situation room dashboard to facilitate data entry and reporting.
- Ensure proper filing of M&E documents including data collection tools, reports, questionnaires among others
- Liaise with the state Ministry of Women Affairs to conduct periodic data review meeting
- Participate in GBV data coordination and collaboration meetings at State
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any gaps identified
- Follow-up with the conduct of data quality implementation strategies to bridge gaps observed in data quality
- Submit to the M&E Snr. Officer/Officer (Abuja) weekly and monthly updates on M&E activities conducted in the field.
- With support from the M&E Officer, participate capacity building and mentorship activities for field staff in data collection and cleaning.
- Assist during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection
- Compiles success story on M&E activities in the state and share
- Attend to any other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in evaluation or relevant social science or related field. Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation, Research Methods, or related coursework is an asset.
- 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, including hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Professional experience working on gender equality and human rights, especially in the area of gender-based violence is an asset.
- Experience in monitoring & evaluation of programmes of one or several of the UN agencies is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management and knowledge management/M&E systems.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Good people management attributes
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Models independent thinking, action with ability to get things done
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis.
Technical / Functional:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Data Measurement
- Partnerships & Relationship Management
- Fluency in English is required.
Application Closing Date
23rd July, 2021.