Relief Rescue Initiative (RRI) is a National Non-governmental organization, which is committed and active in community humanitarian and developmental projects with its presence in Borno and Adamwa states. The primary focus of RRI is on the improving and alleviating the problems of the less privileged, deprived, vulnerable group and people affected by armed conflicts in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity. Areas of focus includes; food security and livelihood, Nutrition, Protection, Education, Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Metal health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) achieved through the implementation of projects targeted at the community level especially on the most vulnerable members of the community.
In line with its focus, RRI will be implementing General Food Distributions (GFD) through In-kind and Blanket Supplementary Program (BSFP) in Magumeri LGA of Borno State. This is aimed at preventing already vulnerable House Holds from falling into starvation and malnutrition, focusing particularly on young children 6 – 23/24 months and pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLW)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Distribution Assistant
Location: Magumeri LGA, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Starting Month: January, 2021
Duration of Contract: 12 months
Reporting to: Food Distribution Officer
- The Distribution Assistant supports the Distribution Officer and works with urban and rural communities at the grass-root level, stakeholders and partners, responsible for fulfilling his/her assigned role within the distribution team to conduct sensitization, mobilization, registration and delivering technical support and oversight to targeted communities / groups to ensure that food/non-food items are timely distributed to the deserving beneficiaries.
- Support the distribution team in setting up and executing distributions of commodities to large numbers of beneficiaries in a safe and expedient manner.
- Assisting with community sensitization/training on project activities on food utilization
- Register program beneficiaries in the targeted areas according to the designed targeting criteria
- Conduct verification of beneficiaries for purposes of minimizing inclusion/exclusion errors
- Under the guidance of the Distribution Officer, setting up a proper distribution layout ensuring good of movement through the process, maintain proper crowd control restrictions and limit situations where too many people are inside the distribution exclusion zone at any one time
- Assist the Distribution Officer in monitoring delivery of commodities to distribution sites and ensure that the correct quantity of commodities arrive and are of good standards
- Help direct beneficiaries from station to station within the distribution process as dictated by the Distribution Officer.
- Record in official registration documents and on beneficiary cards distributed amounts of commodities and ensure that such records are properly cared for through the distribution process.
- Ensure that a beneficiary sharing groups receive the correct amount of commodity.
- Monitor group sharing process of commodities and ensure that equal shares are received by beneficiaries.
- Stay observant and report to Distribution Officer any site security concerns and keep self and other team members out of harm’s way
- Any other assignments that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum education Diploma in Agriculture and any other related field of study
- Prior experience in Humanitarian or International Development programming with at least 1 year of field experience working with beneficiaries, preferably on distribution projects
- Understanding of distribution best-practices
- Ability to collect and record data documenting distribution details especially as relates to commodity quantities and numbers of beneficiaries
- Good communication skills with the rural community members, local and traditional leaders, good planning, reporting functions.
- Understanding of basic anti-fraud practices
- Experience working in a conflict setting
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Previous experience in WFP, USDA or USAID / FFP programmes
- Experience in community mobilization and group organizational skills
- Understanding of basic GFD concepts
- Competence in Microsoft Office application
Application Closing Date
25th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to “The Human Resource Department, Relief Rescue Initiative” via: firstname.lastname@example.org