Relief Rescue Initiative (RRI) is a National Non-governmental organization, which is committed and active in community humanitarian and developmental projects with its presence in Borno and Adamwa states. The primary focus of RRI is on the improving and alleviating the problems of the less privileged, deprived, vulnerable group and people affected by armed conflicts in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity. Areas of focus includes; food security and livelihood, Nutrition, Protection, Education, Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Metal health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) achieved through the implementation of projects targeted at the community level especially on the most vulnerable members of the community.
In line with its focus, RRI will be implementing General Food Distributions (GFD) through In-kind and Blanket Supplementary Program (BSFP) in Magumeri LGA of Borno State. This is aimed at preventing already vulnerable House Holds from falling into starvation and malnutrition, focusing particularly on young children 6 – 23/24 months and pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLW).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Distribution Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Key Roles / Responsibilities
Arrange, organize and attend distributions and provide with post distribution reports:
- Organize and arrange distributions according to SOP defined by RRI;
- To distribute commodities to eligible beneficiaries strictly following verification process and methodology and standards defined by RRI;
- Foresee crowd control, verification of beneficiary and receipt of entitled commodities by the beneficiary in exact amount as entitled in methodology;
- To collect all data needed for reporting after distributions.
- Submit accurate and detailed reports on distributions and assistance provided to beneficiary during distributions
- Ensure that all commodities entrusted to Relief Rescue Initiative arriving at food distribution point are properly accounted for.
- Scrutinize all waybills for commodities arriving at the distribution points. Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill. Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any (In the field and FDP). All observations must be recorded immediately.
- Commodities must carefully be counted during off-loading.
- At the distribution points, commodities must be stacked in an organized manner, by commodity type to facilitate easy distribution.
- Take active role in the registration and verification of beneficiaries to ensure that the process is fair
- Organize and supervise general food distributions in the field and FDPs.
- At the food distribution points, commodities must be properly stacked on plastic sheeting
- Ensure that the food distribution point is properly organized and secured with ropes and crowd control measures put in place to ensure smooth distribution and flow of beneficiaries.
- Responsible to ensure that all necessary distribution equipment’s are available at the distributions point, including forms, ropes, banners, plastic sheets, measuring devices etc.
- Supervise loading of food that is left over after distributions. Ensure that a waybill is prepared for food to be returned to the warehouse.
- Prepare daily distribution point visit reports and Food Monitors report. This is a MUST
- Ensure proper completion and safe return of all tally documents and beneficiary lists to the office for safe storage.
- Ensure proper accounting of all quantities of commodities received and distributed at each distribution point.
- To support with distributions and data entry after distributions as required;
- To support with surveying of beneficiaries and others when needed;
- To support with data analysis and reporting when called upon;
- To process data and information from field – in particular ensure quality, consistency, accuracy, truthfulness, comprehensiveness of all distribution data;
- To support mass information awareness campaign to inform beneficiaries on distribution related information;
- To support in preparation of the monthly/weekly work RRI schedules;
- To prepare all other report upon request by the project coordinator;
- Provide with suggestions on improvement of the work process if needed.
- To ensure that up-to-date files, beneficiary lists are maintained, both electronically and in paper form;
- To perform accurate filing of all processed documents, monthly consolidated filing of key project documents in the office.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a discipline such as Human Nutrition, Agriculture, International Development, Business Administration, Management and Economics or any other discipline relevant to development.
- Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 3 years, including managing general Food Distribution & Nutrition projects.
- Experience managing UNWFP-funded projects
- Experience in working “In-kind Distributions” projects is preferable.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of RRI’S aims, values and principles.
- Applicants from Borno State are encouraged to apply
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver RRI’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to “the Human Resource Department, Relief Rescue Initiative” via to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.