Discovering Talents Academy, a fast-growing Nursery and Primary School in Gwarinpa, Abuja, offers first-class education from preschool to primary levels. Discovering Talents Academy uses the Blended Nigeria-Montessori curriculum in the Early Years and a Blended Nigeria-British curriculum at the primary level.
Discovering Talents Academy does not only focus on best practices in the teaching and learning process, it also builds talents in a wide range of skills and this in a short while affirms their ego and builds their confidence. At Discovering Talents Academy we believe that every child is unique and talented, this drive leads us to establish rich skill acquisition programmes for students.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Guidance Counsellor / Children Coach
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Conducting individual and group counselling sessions to advise and assist students with academic and vocational development.
- Evaluating students’ attributes and assisting them in realizing their objectives.
- Developing and implementing counselling strategies with contemporary methods of mentoring.
- Identifying behavioural problems and acting appropriately to remedy the situation.
- Paying attention to societal and cultural differences in all students matters.
- Assessing the development of students and highlighting their sense of accomplishment.
- Completing evaluations, analyzing results, and providing purposeful feedback.
- Cooperating with parents, academic staff, and external partners.
- Arranging and scheduling orientation programs and internships.
- Advertising facilities and study programs to potential students.
- Implementing and facilitating educational and training workshops for academic staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling or related fields (essential).
- 3 years of work experience as a counsellor in an academic environment.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- A motivational leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Confident interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and solid work ethic.
- Intermediate IT skills.
- N50,000 – N80,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.