Mabest Elementary is an Educational institution located in Akure, Ondo State,Nigeria. We take great satisfaction in providing safe and secured learning environment for our pupils. Mabest Elementary has a strong history of academic distinction. Our wide range of academic and recreational co – curricular activities is unrivalled.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Elementary School
Location: Akure, Ondo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Elementary School Head will coordinate administrative oversight and plan all phases of instructional leadership for the school including educational programming, administration, budgetary planning, discipline, and counseling services.
- Oversees the daily management of the school and office.
- Oversees educators in the school, providing periodic observations and evaluations that are timely and constructive and completed based on the timetables set by the school district.
- Offers additional training and guidance as necessary based on evaluations of professional staff.
- Hires all faculty and staff for the school and presides over hearings that may be necessary to dismiss a staff member.
- Oversees, hires, and evaluates the performance of clerical, janitorial, and cafeteria staff.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensures a productive learning environment through continual collaboration with teachers, students, and parents.
- Facilitates opportunities to connect with students by being present and available during arrival and dismissal, by appearing at school functions, and by meeting with students.
- Enforces disciplinary policies and procedures with students.
- Participates in parent meetings and conferences and acts as intermediary between parents, teachers, and students to deal with a variety of needs or issues.
- Maintains competency and student academic achievement as prescribed by the school board.
- Presides over staff meetings.
- Ensures completion of routine and required paperwork including attendance reports, test results, and licensing information for students, educators, staff, and school management.
- Ensures that necessary maintenance and repairs to the school property are performed.
- Coordinates staff development for faculty and staff; provides instruction if needed.
- Oversees the allocation of supplies and equipment.
- Oversees and implements the school budget, approving new programs and expenditures as appropriate.
- Represents the school in community activities and meetings.
- Interacts with various stakeholders to foster a positive relationship between the school and community including the PTA, community organizations, and leaders.
- Acts as liaison between the district and the school; communicates needs and information to both sides.
- Collaborates with other principals and educators throughout the district to choose and develop curriculum and textbooks that align with local, state, and national standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- First Degree in Education. Masters degree will be an added advantage
- At least five years of teaching experience required.
- Must have served for at least five years as a head of school (elementary).
Required Skills / Abilities:
Mastery knowledge of the EYFS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to professionally and effectively communicate with educators, parents, and community leaders.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extremely effective administration of multifaceted operations.
- Thorough understanding of applicable local, state, and federal educational laws, regulations, policies, and requirements.
- Thorough understanding of instructional methodology.
- Knowledge of best practices in education and educational administration.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Ability to create, understand, and implement budgets and budgeting practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.