Career TV Station – A reputable national TV news channels based in Abuja is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of News and Current Affairs
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a strong leader and team player who can help us develop our news and current affairs department, establish new ways of working and deliver an engaging news bulletin.
- In return, we can offer an exciting and engaging place to work, with a real focus on making a difference through impactful journalism.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for all national and international news and current affairs coverage of the channel.
- Develop a well-rounded and creative production team
- Establish an effective workflow for this team
- Display creativity and enterprise in responsibility for the overall vision, content, editorial planning, and day to day operations
- Guide team to present fresh ideas and approaches in presenting news and current affairs programme to a diverse audience.
- Oversee planning calendar and team work schedules
- Manage deployment of staff
- Assessing training needs and making recommendations to management.
- Work collaboratively with other teams such as assignment editors, operations, creatives, reporters, digital producers.
- With significant experience in live television. You will have an extensive knowledge of current affairs, events, business, economy, politics and development journalism.
You will also:
- Be a trained journalist and/or have a strong journalistic background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Have management skills, and capable of inspiring teams
- Thrive under pressure
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online