Jewels Leading Lights Academy is an international Christian school which started off in September 2013 and was birth from the Bible club where children gather every Saturday to learn about Jesus and how to shine as lights in their everyday lives, which consist of Creche, Pre Nursery, Grade School and High School with 4 branches in Abuja.
We are recruiting professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Home Economics Teacher
Employment Type: Full time
- Plan and prepare well-structured, clearly presented lessons appropriate to the abilities of all students and the syllabus being taught.
- Make sure that the classroom is a stimulating environment that facilitates learning.
- Generate enthusiasm for the subject being taught and inspire all students to work to their potential
- Liaise with the Head of Department and Learning Support where a student may have special educational needs and with the form tutor and Head of House if a student is experiencing pastoral difficulties.
- Promote high standards of behaviour by encouraging a positive, proactive approach to study and build productive relationships with students.
- Set homework according to policy and pertinent to the studentâ€™s ability and wider workload.
- Promote high standards of organisation.
- Be punctual to lessons
- Provide high-quality, accurate, constructive, and targeted information to parents at Parents’ Evenings, in subject reports, incidental meetings and communications
- Assess, record, and monitor the progress of all students according to faculty guidelines in order to provide accurate information to parents in a variety of forms, as and when necessary.
- Maintain materials and resources as needed
- Observing and managing classroom dynamics. Invigilating and grading projects, quizzes, and examinations.
- Candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc qualification in Home Economics
- 2-3 years experience in teaching Economics
- Computer literacy
- Be able to teach Home Economics.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application which must include CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.