Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid.Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small instalments using their mobile phones.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR and Facility Officer
- Ensuring the facilities always remain in an optimal condition, thereby providing a conducive environment to staff, employer, customers and vendors to perform their duties and contribute to revenue generation.
- Ensuring reliability through efficient critical infrastructure management thereby enabling smooth running of the operation and achievement of organizational goals.
- Scheduling and carrying out both routine maintenance and proactive maintenance of assets throughout the facilities thereby extending their lifecycles, minimizing the occurrence of breakdowns and reducing loss time.
- Keeping accurate equipment’s maintenance metrics, thereby setting the benchmark for building and modifying processes, planning future decisions, and improving operations.
- Periodically carrying out risk assessment of the facility to identify risk and eliminate risk by applying safety controls thereby ensuring safety within the facility
- Measuring space utilization and occupancy to ensure accurate data-backed decisions about workplace management. This helps to manage costs and to ensure that certain areas are not oversaturated with activity thereby preventing workplace friction.
- Ensure that measures to protect personal safety and well-being are always in place and that personal actions do not jeopardize the safety and well beings of others.
- Ensuring Incidents are immediately reported, prioritized and responded to in order to protect health and safety of employees and encourage good safety culture in the organization
- Ensuring energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness through adequate metrics monitoring and implementation of insight obtained.
- Carryout daily facility inspections to ensure quality of works and adherence to the set standards and provide expert advice to the team to achieve department deliverables.
- Prepare repair, replacement, refurbishment cost estimate, proposal and follow-up with management for approval to ensure timely delivery.
- Efficiently managing, supervising multi-disciplinary teams of vendors including cleaning, maintenance, and security to support the organizational overall goals.
- Managing and implementing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Allocating and managing space within the facility.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and safety standards thereby avoiding revenue leakage through fines.
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments and ensuring cost reductions and timely completion.
- Helping to relocate to new offices and to make decisions about leasing.
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations about assets.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.