The National Institute for Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA), Nigeria domiciled in Ondo town in Ondo State, was established in 1992 by the Federal Ministry of Education, in collaboration with UNESCO/IIEP Paris, as a sub-regional staff college for West Africa. It seeks to realize its mission through capacity building, continuous training, consulting, action research in educational planning, information dissemination and providing resource centre services.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Institute Librarian
Job Code: CONRAISS 15
- The Librarian is the Chief Librarian Officer of the Institute, responsible to the Director-General / Chief Executive.
Qualifications / Requirements
- PhD in Library and Information Science from a recognized University
- At least fifteen (15) years of cognate experience in an institution of higher learning.
- Evidence of robust scholarly publications will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must be versatile in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a period of five(5) years and the candidate may be re-appointed for another period of five (5) years subject to the terms and conditions applicable to GovemmentAgencies.
- Being in an academic position, the candidate is not expected to be more than 55 years of age.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 copies each of application and detailed Curriculum Vitae with photocopies of credentials including three referees highlighting, among others, the following:
- Full Names
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of children (if any)
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience
- Present Employment, indicating present status and salary
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Referees (3)
The applications should be in sealed envelopes under confidentiality marked at the top left corner with the post applied for. i.e. “Registrar” or “Librarian”.
All applications are to be forwarded to:
The Director-General / Chief Executive,
National Institute for Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA),
P.M.B 562, Ondo,