Alert Microfinance Bank is one of the most leading microfinance banks in Nigeria with deep coverage of major markets in Lagos State and its environ. We have been actively supporting the growth of several businesses; SME, Private, Public etc via our financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Internal Audit Manager at our organization is responsible to play a critical role of delivering our organization’s strategic objectives of control processes, adequacy and effectiveness of governance and management of risks, giving an evidence-based opinion on all aspects of governance, risk management, and internal audit.
- Report periodically to the Managing Director and Board, on the internal control and audit activity’s purpose, authority, responsibility and performance relative to its plan
- Design and prepare Annual Audit Plan (AAP) by applying a risk-based approach to ensure the organization complies with internal regulations and policies and established protocols.
- Develop and maintain the internal control and audit procedures to ensure that best practice is taken account of and that the established controls audits address specific areas of risk management.
- Strengthen the bank’s Internal Control mechanism through in-depth recommendation
- Assess the suitability of current internal controls, making suggestions for improvements where needed.
- Prepare reports of audit findings and make recommendations to the Board of Directors and Management.
- Liaise with internal advisors and examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information.
- Protect the confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information with legal confines
- Analyze audit results for adequate and effective “corrective actions” for management to improve.
- Supervise fraud investigations involving customer accounts and recovery of fraud
- Develop controls to ensure safeguard of asset and their effective utilization
- Prepare and supervise audit mission, working paper formulations, report writing and anomalies/risk identification
- Any other duties and responsibilities which may be required to meet the objectives of Alert Microfinance Bank.
- Min of B.Sc or HND in Accounts and Finance related role.
- Minimum of 5 years of Cognate experience as Internal Audit Manager in a Microfinance Bank is a MUST.
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional association, e.g. ACA, ICAN, ACCA.
- Previous experience in Management and proficient use of banking software E.g BankOne
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Very Attractive (With Incentives and Commission).
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Internal Audit Manager” as the mail subject.