Posted 12 months ago
A leading International Boarding School in Lagos requires the services of suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Ibeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate will oversee all activities in the department.
- He/she will ensure the implementation of effective controls in the School’s processes, operations and system to guarantee transparency and promote good governance, proactively coordinate preventive detection of sharp practices and continuously seek for ways to eradicate leakages and improve the School’s internal control systems.
- Prepare the annual internal audit work plan and ensure its execution
- Continuously review / assess the business and operational risks facing the School in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring frameworks
- Conduct periodic financial, compliance, operational and special audits and carry out investigations into reported irregularities, as required by the School
- Highlight and flag duplications, leakages, and weaknesses across the School’s business processes and systems and provide recommendations to improve the internal control systems and the quality of the School’s processes and system
- Interpret and analyze reports / data to identify possible risk exposure and advise the Board on risk exposure – internally and externally.
- Collaborate with external auditors in their independent examination of the School’s financial statements
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments to enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures, monitoring mechanism as well as their continuous update / revision
- Prepare and submit periodic activity / management reports to the Board, on the activities of the Internal function including findings and overall assessment of the School’s control environment
- Perform any other duties that complement the internal control systems of the School.
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- First Degree in Accounting or any related discipline
- Professional accounting certification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA. (CISA will be an added advantage)
- Minimum of ten (10) years internal audit experience in a reputable organization or eight (8) years’ experience in an audit firm.
- Internal audit methodologies
- Risk management methodologies
- Corporate governance procedures
- Accounting standards, GAAP, etc.
- Auditing guidelines
- Internal controls with particular emphasis on educational institutions
- Good understanding of the operations of an educational institution
- Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate effectively with various stakeholders
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of financial and IT systems controls
- Good knowledge of finance and business applications and systems
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of SAGE Evolution and Microsoft Office productivity tools.
- Good decision making, problem solving and leadership skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability
- High integrity and ethical standards.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.