Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Dutse, and four sub-bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Sector Manager
Location: Damasak, Borno, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Field Manager
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting a Nutrition and Health Sector Manager who will support the implementation and management of Planned Health and Nutrition activities, Reporting of activities according to AAH and donors expectations, Representation and communication
- Support the implementation of the short and long-range plans for delivery of project services, provide guidance to AAH’s Nutrition and Health staff in the management of project interventions or activities for effective project impact.
- Work with the project team to develop an overall detailed project implementation plan for nutrition and health component in line with a predefined project implementation work plan.
- Manage the assigned Nutrition and Health project interventions in order to meet the project objectives within budget and the allotted time frame and report any operational concerns promptly.
- Continuously monitor and supervise nutrition and health activities.
- Ensure projects are implemented in line with donor requirements and in accordance with AAH, country, and international standards i.e. SPHERE and HAP standards.
- Represent AAH in the LGA health and Nutrition Sector meeting.
- Communicate clearly to partners in the sector clearly of the AAH plan and strategies.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Nutrition / Nursing or Medicine or Public Health, a certificate in project management for development professionals will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in primary health care and maternal health.
- 2 years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF program.
- Previous experience in a managerial role is preferred
- A self-starter with excellent team management.
- Project management abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Great team management skill
- Ability to work in an insecure environment with little or no social amenities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great communication and report writing skills
- Previous INGO experience
- Experience with donor-funded programs
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 308.589 per month
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
24th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online