Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent Senior Financial Analyst to assist the Executive Management with detailed and meaningful information on the financial strategy and performance of the Company.
- This includes preparing budgets, analysing and monitoring performance, supporting the fundraising process, and managing investor requirements.
- We are seeking hard working, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Facilitate the budgeting process for the departments and business units within the Group.
- Establish process for monitoring and reviewing budget performance.
- Develop financial forecasts that support business growth and liquidity management.
- Perform deep-dive analysis of the Group’s portfolio using both financial and non-financial performance indicators.
- Prepare profitability analysis of different operating segments of the business.
- Build robust financial dashboards (preferably using PowerBI) that provide deeper insights on the Company’s performance.
- Provide regular monitoring of performance across the Group, including the review of monthly operating results and return on investment.
- Identify and escalate key risk issues that may impact the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Assist with preparation of reporting packs for Board meetings.
Fundraising & Investor Relations:
- Maintain a robust and up-to-date Virtual Data Room (VDR) that includes comprehensive information about the Company for prospective and existing investors.
- Lead the financial due-diligence process conducted by potential investors.
- Build advanced financial models that demonstrate the Company’s growth and profitability plans.
- Assist with preparing documents associated with fund-raising including pitch decks and investment memos.
- Prepare regular reports for investors and other financiers e.g., covenant reporting.
- Ensure compliance to the Company’s Investment Policy and other associated policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including investors, bankers, consultants, etc.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines – Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics & Statistics.
- MBA is highly preferred. Professional qualifications like ACCA, ICAN, and CFA will be an added advantage.
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years work experience in a similar role in a Big 4 firm, investment bank or consulting firm will be a plus.
- Language Proficiency: English (with good communication skills and accurate reporting skills).
- Proactive self-starter and pays attention to details.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate leader with excellent team leadership skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details. Experience using Business Intelligence tools e.g., PowerBI and Tableau, will be an added advantage
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Advanced communication, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to work independently but also work with others in a fast-paced environment
- Highly inquisitive mindset
- Strong presentation and business writing skills
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online