Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Manager
About the job
- We are currently seeking a Field Service Engineering Manager to manage the operation and maintenance of the Lagos and South-West sites, resulting in a 99% uptime or better, and ensuring customer experience is world class, resulting in a Net Promoter Score of 70 or above.
- As an Engineering Manager, Field Service, you will build, lead, and inspire Daystar Power’s Field Service Engineering team. In addition, you will spearhead the implementation of best-in-class success processes, to ensure customer happiness at Daystar Power.
- The job holder should enjoy digging into analytics to guide data-driven decision making and also be comfortable engaging directly with key customers as the ‘face of Daystar Power’.
Operations and Maintenance:
- Ensure uptime of 99% across all sites.
- Remotely monitor and track each site’s performance.
- Schedule and execute site maintenance activities.
- Supervise site operation to detect and resolve issues swiftly.
- Manage spare parts and repairs as needed.
- Execute warranty claims on equipment with early failure.
- Manage site expenses to ensure profitability.
- On-boarding of new customers to ensure smooth transition into using daystar power’s products and services.
- Manage contract obligations between Daystar Power and client:
- Implement and continually optimize the use of a CRM to capture key metrics that guide Field service activities.
- Produce comprehensive Field service reports and analysis for senior management and customers.
- Research and deploy new technology onto sites to improve uptime, reduce operating costs and increase Net Promoter Score.
- Collaborate with multiple Daystar Power sub-teams (e.g., Sales, Project, Legal) to coordinate smooth customer transitions between the sub-teams and promote a seamless customer experience.
- Research new best practices in field service engineering and implement these key trends into Daystar Power’s Success initiatives.
- Provide input on the design and prioritization of new features and services based on a thorough understanding of our clients, technology, and competition.
- Manage portfolio of solar sites across Lagos and the South-West region of Nigeria
- Master’s degree in Management (MBA) or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- HSE certification is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Electrical Engineering roles.
- Prior knowledge of the solar or power industry, a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing relationships with business customers, demonstrated track record of managing and nurturing B2B customer relationships, a strong plus.
- Prior experience in a management position on a Field Service team.
- Approximately 50% of time shall be spent in an office environment with the remaining time in the field.
- The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg, stand for an extended period of time and work in an outdoor environment.
- Proficiency in English (oral & written)
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Demonstrated attention to detail. Applicant materials will be assessed according to this requirement.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands.
- Passion for renewable energy.
Skills and competencies:
- Leadership skills: lead and deliver projects, encourage initiatives, build a sense of common purpose, and empower others.
- Communication skills: extraordinary oral and written communication skills required.
- Problem-solving/judgment: observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
- Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team.
- Information and communication: communicate appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements.
- Client focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction.
- Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
- Multitasking: demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously at various stages.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online