GIG Logistics is a member of The GIG Group and prides itself as Nigeria’s leading logistics company. Incorporated in 2012 and headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, GIG Logistics leverages on technology to gain competitive advantage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant / Branch Manager
Locations: Asaba, Benin, Onitsha – Anambra, Delta and Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for analyzing & reconciling detailed general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Maintains a filing system for account payable records
- Prepare and input prepayment, accrual and other month end journals in the Accounting system
- Respond to and resolve vendors and other accounts queries
- Collate supplier’s documentation for processing
- Work closely with receiving department and related departments to ensure all invoices have the appropriate documentation attached and approvals prior to processing
- Process all invoices and statements and Ensure correct costing and invoicing of all sales and services.
- Record and process payments of goods and services
- Maintain clear lines of communication with outside companies to ensure timely and accurate supply of goods and services
- Keep records and accounts accurate and current.
- Implement all internal control measures.
- Prepare and monitor monthly payroll for wages and salaries.
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations (Taxes and Rates)
- Liaise with external auditor and government agencies.
- Ensure confidentiality within and outside the organization.
- Maintain general safety of all official documents and cash.
- Complete related reports, summaries and records.
- Stock and inventory management and valuation.
- Coordination and reconciliation of all banking activities.
- Assist in overseeing the entire activities of the branch.
- Independently generate sales leads for the branch and also ensures target delivery.
- Monitoring employee job performance.
- Leads the sales team to maximize performance.
- Develops and execute marketing plans.
- Ensure operational excellence and integrity of the branch.
- Develop action plans to enhance operational controls and optimize customer service.
- Oversees sales leads.
General Requirements / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting
- 1 – 6 years experience.
- Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant professional certification is a plus.
- Must be a resident of Onitsha, Asaba or Benin.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and present location as the subject of the mail e.g Office Assistant / Asaba