Greenfield Consulting – Our client, a Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) involved in Furniture making, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Operations Manager is responsible for developing company policies, monitoring compliance, and overseeing projects and budgets
- He/she is responsible for the integration of production and installation department operations for optimum productivity.
- Working with the Chief Operating Officer on realizing the company’s business objectives by promoting efficiency, and increasing profitability
- Oversee a workforce of employees in the production and installation department and ensure that all employees follow industry-standard health, safety, and quality guidelines both at the factory and on site
- Oversee all site projects handled by Project Managers. Ensure that all site works are thoroughly inspected at intervals before project completion and solutions are provided immediately when problems arise
- Create weekly KPIs for Project Managers and evaluate their progress on all projects. Ensure there are no errors
- Interact directly with clients, client representatives, Project Managers where issues cannot be resolved by on site Project Managers. Ensure no client issues are left unresolved
- Identify potential problems and points of friction at the factory and work to find solutions to maximize efficiency and revenue
- Oversee contract staff (installers). Create a pool of installer list and ensure installers are available for every project. Work on how to solve company installation process.
- Ensure reports are given on all installation progress by Project Managers, determine payment percentage to be paid to installers on a weekly basis and ensure payments are processed
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Work closely with Production Manager to set production goals and communicate them to key personnel
- Provide motivation, support, and guidance to all employees
- Communicating with senior management about shifting priorities and projects.
Requirements and Qualifications
- HND / B.Sc Degree from a reputable institution
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years experience in business operations
- 2 – 5 years’ managerial experience
- Experience in furniture making operations is desirable
- Project management experience is desirable
- A thorough understanding of financial and budgeting processes and principles to assess the factory earnings and spending to find areas for improvement
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain client’s expectation
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office
- A keen attention to detail
- Certification in Project management is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online