Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Transactional Control
Location: Sangotedo Ajah, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Essential Duties/Key Job Roles And Responsibilities
Include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure adequacy of systems and processes to secure the organisation’s revenues and resources.
- Responsible for verification of all transactions prior to monthly closure of accounts
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of bank and cash accounts and resolution of all un-reconciled items.
- Responsible for review and call over of all transaction entries
- Ensure proper accounting for investments and maintain adequate records of same
- Monitoring of cash transactions: control over daily cash transactions and ensure prompt retirement of cash advances.
- Ensure effective and efficient administration of Fixed Assets records.
- Ensure adequacy of inventory management processes
- Ensure adequacy of records management in the Finance Department
- Any other duties as may be assigned by line manager from time to time
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s qualification with 5-7 years work experience.
- Proficiency in core accounting.
- Proficiency in use of SAGE Accounting software
- Numerical and analytical competence.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Very sound grasp of accounting principles and application
- Proficiency in use of SAGE and MS Excel
- Knowledge of Internal Control principles and procedures
- Good working knowledge of tax principles and application
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online