International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Job ID: MDG/LOG/11
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To provide quality logistic support for all IMC project sites in Nigeria and to work with other members of the logistics team to develop and implement efficient logistical support systems for International Medical Corps (IMC) in a complex operation. .
- Carry out tasks within approved IMC Policies and procedures
- Complete required tasks using initiative and/or basic planning.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- May be responsible for supervising one or more temporary support staff/casual labourers, including basic planning of day-to-day work.
- Impact team/processes on a wider scale including program teams.
- Contribute to improvements in processes.
- Ensure procurement are conducted in line with IMC policies and procedures, through the IMC logistics, purchasing and supply procedures in compliance with donor requirements and regulations.
- Review all requisitions and liaise with Procurement Officer to ensure that adequate specifications and correct budget estimates are provided.
- Working with the Procurement Officer, provide timely information to the programme department on status of their procurement actions.
- Provide information to the Warehouse team on dispatches expected and advice on any special instruction to expedite delivery to the final destination.
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining accurate records of all procurement transactions, as required, both electronically and manually for audit trail.
- Assist the Procurement Officer to generate regular logistics reports (i.e. production of requisition tracking sheet, Request order reports, Purchase order reports, etc.) and other relevant logistics reports.
- Work closely with the Warehouse team to ensure the compilation of invoices, delivery notes, GRNs and other receipts to facilitate invoice processing.
- Effective communication with all relevant departments (particularly programme and finance) on any issues relating to logistics and the associated processes involved
- Be ready for deployment to other logistics functions such as warehouse, fleet, or programme to allow career growth and development.
- Assume other additional responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree or Higher National Diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Commerce Supply Chain, Logistics and/or any other Social Sciences.
- At least one experience in logistics with a minimum of 1-year managing procurement and data management within an International Organisation.
- Proven experience and knowledge of operational logistics & supply chain, policies & procedures.
Skills and Competence:
- Good command of English. Proven ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, both orally and in writing
- Initiative and active problem-solving skills
- Proven training and capacity building experience
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Excel and Word)
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail. Good organisational and planning skills**
- Ability to work and handle pressure & Strong team player**
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- s applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
4th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via the email: email@example.com