International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Assistant
- The Finance Assistant will be based in Maiduguri and will provide all necessary financial assistance to project as well as handle other office cash related duties
- S/he will maintain Cash transaction journal, make cash disbursements and reconciliations, prepare cash projections and requests and will also be responsible for the custody of all the financial files related to the project.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation
- The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Accounting and Finance Management:
- Accounting and Finance Support to Grant/Contracts
- Assist program staff with day-to-day accounting operations and financial support in accordance with donor/client and International Medical Corps internal policies and procedures
- Prepare procurement request and ensure all approvals are secured and coordinate with Logistics department the delivery of service and goods.
- Account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy, and control over payments.
- Ensure all documents are filled and stamped.
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation.
- Conduct Daily, weekly and month end cash counts.
- Payment of participant and other training, cash payments out of the office.
- Update and Upload on cost point cash transaction. Daily reconcile of cash and book balances.
- Complete the monthly closing operation of the cash accounts after validation of Finance Manager
- Ensure that all vouchers are scanned and uploaded into IMC Share file for Supervisor review and internal audit purpose
- Ensure compliance with internal and donor regulations and procedures; establishing finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directing or performing their development, documentation, and implementation
- Ensure the Management of visas (Arrival, Business and/or STR) according to IMC standard’s and procedures and the local legislation in order to ensure the smooth running of IMC activities
- Ensure adequate management of Expats immigrations processes and visa renewals Extension / Multiple re-entry as well as STR visa regularization follow-ups at NPC respectively
- Ensure the proper update of the visa validity board for all Expats to give a guide in knowing when the next visa renewal is due which will aid Expat holiday planning and movements within and outside Nigeria
- Preparation of the bi-monthly passport and visa follow-up table to monitor visa validity at all times
- Following up with projects HR in requesting early passports for visa renewals; communicating to the field once visas are ready by scanning the visas before sending original passports with the next movement to the projects
- Organizes travel and files of all staff arriving/departing the Mission, including International Staff documentation (Visas, IMC card, Mission Orders, etc.. .) booking and purchasing plane tickets
- Ensure Staff travelling Through the Capital is picked up, has appropriate papers and a place to stay
- Full Management of UNHAS and commercial flight From Abuja or to Abuja.
- Full Management of Accommodation in Abuja for all IS and NS based on the needs
- Full supervision of all cooks cleaners based in Abuja (objectives, daily supervision )
- Management of store for office and guest house supplies to ensure no stock out.
- Maintain frequent communication with Finance Manager to ensure finance activities and objectives are communicated
- Work with HR, program and logistics staff to ensure the coordination of activities met
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
- Facilitates emergency and non-emergency security expenditures
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via the email: email@example.com