United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Individual Contractor – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job no: 536856
Assignment Duration: Eleven and half months
Purpose of Activity / Assignment
- The M & E Officer will provide the technical and operational support for the execution of Gavi-approved interventions and other designated roles on COVID-19 preparedness and response in Nigeria
- He/she will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of projects
- He/she will develop systematic monitoring frameworks to improve qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered from Projects and will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and facilitation of use of data for action.
- Develop overall Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Framework – Performance Monitoring Plan, Data Collection tools/systems
- Develop project workplan and update workplan with implementation details
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators
- Maintain, administer, and optimise the use M&E database
- Conduct data analysis to measure project achievement against KPI’s
- Review existing management information systems and provide recommendations to optimise use for maximal impact
- Develop reports on M&E findings and identify lessons learnt to facilitate decision making of relevant stakeholders
- Conduct quality checks for data and collection methods.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- International Development, Policy and Strategy Development, Public Health, Demographics, Epidemiology, Health Management or similarly relevant fields
- Advanced Certificate in M & E, Statistics or Economics and 5 years of experience in M / E.
Application Closing Date
27th December, 2020 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online