Total Child School is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Nurse
Locations: (Ijanikin / Badagry) Lagos, Agbara – Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
It is the primary responsibility of the School Nurse to:
General Nursing Duties:
- Classroom rounds and checking of pupils as regards to their personal hygiene.
- Collecting all prescribed drugs for safe keeping and proper administration
- Supervision of pupils during P.E. and break time
- Administering first aid treatment to sick children and staff. And also observation of any change in condition.
- Documentation of every detailed treatment in the medical report book.
- Notifying the Head of School of any accidents, change in condition or any treatment administered on any pupil or staff during school hours.
- Writing of medical report to accompany any child who has received first aid treatment.
- Reporting any outbreak of communicable diseases to the Head of School as soon as it is observed.
- Sending of medical newsletter to inform parents and guardian of outbreak and precautions to be taken.
- Ensuring that any pupil affected by any communicable infection is kept at home and a medical clearance certificate is required before such pupil is admitted back in the school.
- Visiting of pupils who are on prolonged hospitalization.
- Escorting sick pupil to the hospital after parent consent in emergency.
- Delivering periodic health talks during assembly, in classrooms on important health issues e.g. Harmattan, season, personal hygiene etc.
- Using of health write-ups on schoolboards, in the toilets and classrooms as a media for health awareness to the pupils, teachers and parents.
Health and Safety Management:
- Designation of all support staff to various post
- Delegation of duties to support staff.
- Thorough inspection of classroom furnitures, fixtures and electrical fittings.
- Hourly monitoring of toilets.
- Thorough inspection of play equipment and playing grounds on daily basis.
- Daily inspection of water dispensers, water bottles and ensuring regular supply of water refills.
- Supervision of waste evacuation by the waste disposal managers.
- supervision of all gardening duties inside and outside the school premises
- Liaising with the janitor in regard to other aspect of facility management mentioned above:
- Reporting any electrical, plumbing and carpentry defects or fault which may be detriment to the health of the pupils and staff.
- Ensuring that all repairs are done, inspected, and confirmed fit for use.
- Regular purchase of cleaning materials.
- regular purchase of medical supplies for the sickbay
- Applicant must be a RN / RM / BNS / BLS from a reputable institution with at least 3 years cognate experience.
- Experience as School Nurse will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
22nd January, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.