Lekki Freeport Terminal is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport. It is set to become the largest container terminal in Nigeria and West Africa with enormous potential of becoming fully automated thereby contributing to the large trading operations of Nigeria and indeed, West Africa. The premise on which Leeki Freeport Terminal will operate is to connect global maritime trade to Nigeria and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Key Client Manager: East (Within Nigeria)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer
- Manage and expand the existing customer accounts utilizing knowledge of the current customer base and product/service offerings from Lekki Free Port Terminal.
- Identify and establish new customers and sales opportunities, achieve against targets and increase top-line financial growth for Lekki Free Port Terminal.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the customer’s business, current market trends, changes in the industry, and potential changes to the customer.
- Identify both current and potential customer needs and identify sales growth opportunities.
- Support customers to build their business through leveraging product/service opportunities and offerings from Lekki Free Port Terminal.
- Use the agreed Sales process in all interactions with current and potential customers.
- Conduct customer visits with new and existing customers, demonstrating the value we can bring to their business.
- Manage and grow sales portfolio.
- Forecast, prospect, and bid for the new business to include customers, markets, and additional product/service opportunities.
- Maintain existing and build new customer partnerships, developing and sustaining sales relationships with key decision-makers and influencers on all levels within the customer’s organization.
- Share market and competitor information with applicable functions within the organization to effectively build value propositions and sales opportunities.
- Partners with the Customer Care department to resolve customer issues quickly and effectively.
- Maintain accurate records including sales call reports, status updates, and actions.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth and sales pipeline.
- Present offers and prepares effectively for customer interactions.
- Process closed deals and proactively follow up on the status with relevant functions.
- Proactively follow up with customers, ensuring the delivery of the product/service.
- Develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers continually maintaining a professional image of the company.
- Maintain an updated and current sales pipeline and ensure that opportunities are driven and progressed through the sales pipeline.
- Identify opportunities for the terminal to generate additional income via land revenues.
- Reinforce Lekki Free Port Terminal’s culture, values & reputation and ensure compliance with our policies, standards, and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a Sales or Commercial field.
- 5-7 years experience in a Terminal sales role
Experience & Knowledge:
- Developed knowledge of the industry and current market conditions.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience within a terminal.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and strong desire and drive to win.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Commitment to the demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions.
- Advanced consultative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify customer needs and translate them into customer solutions.
- Highly results-oriented, drives for results and success, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure despite obstacles and opposition.
- Proven ability to deliver under pressure.
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online