We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity; to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria, then apply.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Services Associate
Job Ref: LBS -003
- The personnel will assist the Laboratory officer in the design, planning and implementation of laboratory services and any laboratory related activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design, planning and implementation of laboratory services and laboratory related activities.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Integrated Sample Referral Network and an efficient biosafety and infection control program across all supported healthcare facilities and communities.
- Assist in the development and adaptation of required guidelines/standards for related laboratory services
- Support the implementation of Laboratory Continuous Quality Improvement and the deployment and institution of appropriate corrective and preventive action respectively
- Support the implementation, monitoring and reporting system of Rapid Testing Continuous Quality Improvement (RTCQI) across the points of testing
- Responsible for the functionality of all laboratory information systems and oversee its linkage to Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Responsible for the design, implementation and monitoring system to assure an efficient documentation of lab documents and records.
- Compile, analyze and monitor trends on the functionality and optimization of all Molecular and Clinical laboratory services as well as laboratory related activities.
- Assist in the evaluation of laboratory methods and procedures; and conduct of periodic laboratory system assessment and review of activities
- Assist in the review of performance and quality of service delivery.
- Prepare progress reports of laboratory activities, lab program implementation and lab quality issues.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Medical Laboratory Science.
- A valid License to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist is mandatory.
- 4 years post NYSC experience in implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- Experience in a molecular laboratory will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of laboratory services in HIV/AIDS program an asset but not compulsory.
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online