Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, an Educational Institution in the Eastern part of Nigeria is looking to recruit highly qualified professionals for the role below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist / Scientist
- Manages laboratories and ensures that the right equipment’s, tools, chemicals are adequately stocked and kept in working conditions.
- Also responsible for providing guidance to students on how to use laboratory facilities in an appropriate and safe manner.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assist the teaching staff in the preparation of materials and equipment in the Science Departments
- Set up demonstration experiments
- Maintain the upkeep of equipment and laboratories within the Science Departments
- Carry out experimental research as instructed by faculty
- Assist in the running of a large suite of labs by replenishing stocks of consumables and maintaining equipment
- Train new staff and students in good laboratory practices
- Prepare the materials and apparatus for demonstrations and practical work
- Advise on the school’s health and safety policy and ensure its implementation within the areas of responsibility
- Carry out safety and risk assessments as required and maintain records as appropriate
- Operate laboratory documentation systems
- First degree (not below Second Class Upper Division) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized national or international university
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in higher institutions
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online