JOB TITLE: Manager, VRM Operations
JOB LOCATION: Ibese, Ogun
JOB DETAILS: Job Ref.: IbesePlantProd003
Department: DCP – Operations
- Managing the VRM Operations in terms of safety, personal development and overall performance in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- As part of the management team take a leadership role toward improved plant safety.
- Ensuring that the production of the raw meal and cement conforms to quality and production demands.
- Monitoring the process performance of the VRM on a day to day basis and define corrective actions together with Maintenance department etc.
- Conduct and assign VRM inspections and performance review on a daily basis.
- Identify and conduct studies, audits, tests and measurements within the VRM equipment in order to improve performance.
- Define an audit plan and supervise the audits to detect irregularities and find potential improvements.
- Identifying actions targeting the reduction of overall plant power consumption (SEEC).
- Identifying and preparing for mid and long terms VRM equipment and environmental improvement needs.
- Ensuring the existence and correctness of VRM process related SOP.
- Liaison with other department heads to ensure that the safety, maintenance, process, quality, environment, and administrative aspects of the operation are meeting the plant objectives.
- Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Control operations of equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses.
- Knowledge of raw materials, raw mill processes and other techniques for maximizing the effectiveness for manufacturing cement.
- B.Sc. / HND Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 18 years in Cement Industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build team
- High Analytical skills
- Proficiency in Engineering software.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.